Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Armando  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2008 04:01:46(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hi,

Has anyone of you any fist-hand experience with this company and their products?

http://www.train-safe.de/index_en.php

The display-handling cases look very sleek and they are equipped with current-conducting rails. It should be possible to mount a consist complete on the track without even having to touch it. One thing puzzles me though: won't the train tilt off the track inside the case when ones moves the case?

Thanks in advance for all information.

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2008 04:55:37(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hello,

Very great product, I do not use it...but I researched it before I purchased my current display case. High quality and excellent service. I believe there is a distributor here in the USA, he may be on eBay.

-Bill
Offline fred443  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2008 05:31:45(UTC)
fred443

I have a number of their products, all of which are superb. They are beautifully made and work well. From time to time, you can buy them on EBay, from an American distributor who auctions them there.
Fred
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 21 November 2008 05:43:26(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by CCS800KrokHunter3
<br />Hello,

Very great product, I do not use it...but I researched it before I purchased my current display case. High quality and excellent service. I believe there is a distributor here in the USA, he may be on eBay.

-Bill

I was very impressed when I first saw the display tubes. You can mount them on walls or on a stepped display. I did not look close enough, but you can power the tracks and actually drive the train right out of the tube and on to the layout. I guess that this means that you can also somehow power the lights in the display case.
The longest one will easily allow you to store a whole consist (with lok) or one of the long trainsets (ICE/Gottardo/etc).

Regards

Mike C
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#5 Posted : 21 November 2008 06:10:25(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Armando,

It seems if you will be displaying the trains while they are not running on a layout (or in use) then the best storage is from Train Safe. I also know they are airtight (dust free) and some have UV protection. Keeps your trains in good storage. I use a larger display case (more of a cabinet) because I don't run on a layout and have many different scales and accessories, but I really considered buying a Train Safe.

Bill
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 21 November 2008 10:23:00(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Armando
<br />One thing puzzles me though: won't the train tilt off the track inside the case when ones moves the case?

In their presentation systems only gravity keeps the train on the track. You have to transport the box carefully to keep the train on the track.
Their transportation systems have foamed material inside to keep the train in place.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Armando  
#7 Posted : 21 November 2008 15:35:43(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by H0
<br />Hi!
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Armando
<br />One thing puzzles me though: won't the train tilt off the track inside the case when ones moves the case?

In their presentation systems only gravity keeps the train on the track. You have to transport the box carefully to keep the train on the track.
Their transportation systems have foamed material inside to keep the train in place.

Thank you, that's exactly what I feared.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline fred443  
#8 Posted : 21 November 2008 22:21:55(UTC)
fred443

Indeed so. The see-thru plastic cases are for stationary display only, as on a wall rack (which they also market) or on a tabletop. If you want to move trains around, use the foam-lined travel cases. The travel cases also offer a Maerklin-type three-rail bottom onto which one can connect powered track so that a train can be run into the case under its own power.
Fred
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 21 November 2008 23:32:02(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have use the link before. I am wondering how much is it?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline xxup  
#10 Posted : 21 November 2008 23:40:08(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
They look great, but the prices are scary.... Steven, the shop is working now and you can see the prices.. My guess is that the long tubes would also be very expensive to ship... See http://shop.19zoll.com/2...rache=EN&KatalogID=0
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline elinkjoe  
#11 Posted : 22 November 2008 01:53:39(UTC)
elinkjoe

These are great. I have three of them a different locations in my place. I get them on ebay and they keep the dust and little fingers off of the trains. I have little problem with them slipping off the track even when I move them from room to room.
elinkjoe