Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bahn-an-arama  
#1 Posted : 14 November 2008 14:30:03(UTC)
Bahn-an-arama

Australia   
Hi all, I recently aquired a Marklin 3034 Electric with 3-pole DCM motor. I went down to my local dealer and got an Uhlenbrock 76320 decoder and ESU 51962 Magnet( which he recommended would make it run much, much better and smoother).
He told me which wire go where, but I have now forgotten![:I] Anyone got some info or a schematic on how to wire it up. It's been a while since I did my last conversion. Any help would be appreciated. Smile
Glenn
Offline Brakepad  
#2 Posted : 14 November 2008 14:36:30(UTC)
Brakepad

France, Metropolitan   
Hi Bahn-an-arama,

Hope this helps. In any case, your UHL decoder should include a spec sheet with all data.

UserPostedImage

Best regards.

Xavi
check out http://maerklin-back-on-track.blogspot.com if you like to see how old Märklin locos are brought back into life! (in spanish by the moment)
Offline Bahn-an-arama  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2008 15:07:34(UTC)
Bahn-an-arama

Australia   
Thanks, yes it did come with that. However, I am unsure,so I really need a diagram.I have un-soldered the NEM connector pins, so as to re-solder.
Glenn
Offline Brakepad  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2008 15:38:20(UTC)
Brakepad

France, Metropolitan   
You only have to check wire color. Your decoder being a 76320 has no auxiliary functions other than lights, and subsequently has no "green" wire.

After removing the coil stator, inverter unit and fit the Hamo magnet in, you need to solder the wires.

There are only 7 wires:

black: Ground (usually this one is soldered to the tiny bent plate which is hold in place by one of the motor cover bolts)

Red: Pickup shoe

Orange& grey: to the motor (one for each brush holder)

For your 3034, I think that return for lights is through the chassis. So, if you do not want to modify lighting system, you won't have to use blue wire. You have to connect yellow wire to one side light and white wire to other side light. If they lit in the "wrong" direction then you have to swap wires (I always check before soldering).

Make sure that you isolate blue wire terminal so it does not "touch" any metal part and creates a short. You should have no problems.

check out http://maerklin-back-on-track.blogspot.com if you like to see how old Märklin locos are brought back into life! (in spanish by the moment)
Offline Bahn-an-arama  
#5 Posted : 15 November 2008 04:28:32(UTC)
Bahn-an-arama

Australia   
Brakepad, thanks for the info. I have done all that, except the lights ( yellow+white cables). I have put it on the track, given it an address with my mobile-station and no action !! The lights are constantly on, which I expected anyway, however I have soldered the RF-choke back- would this make any difference? Blue wire is also not connected and not creating a short.

Thanks for your help thus far.

[img]÷ñÒ1876344822êÖ1õæ÷÷ñÒ1876344822êÖ6õæ÷
Glenn
Offline Brakepad  
#6 Posted : 15 November 2008 09:15:01(UTC)
Brakepad

France, Metropolitan   
Hi,

Set address "3" in your MS, as this decoder is a little tricky to change address (it does not get programmed through MS "standard" address change procedure) and address 3 is factory setting.

If wires are correctly soldered, it should work.

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bahn-an-arama
<br />Brakepad, thanks for the info. I have done all that, except the lights ( yellow+white cables). I have put it on the track, given it an address with my mobile-station and no action !! The lights are constantly on, which I expected anyway, however I have soldered the RF-choke back- would this make any difference? Blue wire is also not connected and not creating a short.

Thanks for your help thus far.

[img]÷ñÒ1876344822êÖ1õæ÷÷ñÒ1876344822êÖ15õæ÷
Offline Bahn-an-arama  
#7 Posted : 15 November 2008 13:19:47(UTC)
Bahn-an-arama

Australia   
No,still nothing.It would not have to do with being a DC decoder. As the loco is 3-rail AC. I am puzzled- i included a photo in my last response, I have re-checked the wiring and to me it is correct!
Glenn
Offline Bahn-an-arama  
#8 Posted : 15 November 2008 13:49:19(UTC)
Bahn-an-arama

Australia   
Just found out the problem....... the cantenary selector switch! Now it runs fine. The lights do flicker a bit, so do I need to replace these with LEDs.

Also for the light direction, do I have to put the yellow and white leads on at the same time to get it to work as nothing is happening when I put one lead in contact with the bulb??

Thanks
Glenn