Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mascagni  
#1 Posted : 10 August 2008 23:39:43(UTC)
mascagni

Hi: I am using the CS for a large layout, and occasionally I get a symbol on a Lok that I try to load that is <u>1-80</u>. I have looked in the manual, and while I do not see the symbol, I can only assume it is an indication that there is an address conflict.

More information: the Lok loads, but I cannot use the control knob to effect anything, and pressing the function buttons causes <u>1-80</u>. What is particularly strange is that there is no active Lok or Lok on the tracks with the same address (it is an Re 460 w/address 46).

Can you?
1. Tell me what this symbol really means?
2. Tell me where I can look this up, as I could not find a picture in the manual?
3. What to do in this case to run the desired Lok?

Thanks.--MM
Michael Mascagni, Tallahassee
If I weren't a Mathematician, I'd be a Violinist.--Albert Einstein
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2008 14:13:09(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Ref OLD/Original UG section 3.3.2

For the new UG the same Note (At bottom right of page 29) applies but the picture of the "1-80" is missing

Have you any "second address" conflicts ?
Peter
Offline mascagni  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2008 14:25:00(UTC)
mascagni

Hi: I will look this up, but I have no second addresses that I have set. One other piece of information is that I had this come up with different Loks. Once my HAG Zuri S-Bahn (address 45), and then for my HAG Re 460 (address 46). It has only occurred for these trains, and when one cannot be run, the other one runs. It seems logical that they may be conflicting, or it is a HAG decoder thing, but they have run together before, and I have not set any second address with them. The Re 460 has the original address from the manufacturer, while I changed the Re 450 S-Bahn to 45 using the CS. I don't think it had address 46, and neither has a second address.

Thanks for looking into this. I still remain confused.--MM
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 11 August 2008 14:30:01(UTC)
H0

Hello!

Yes, it means address conflict.
The CS will use address+1 if you use functions f5 thru f8 for a MM address.

You can type the conflicting address in the loco search dialog (after pressing the loco button); but I don't know if secondary addresses will also show. But if you search for e.g. 45, 46, and 47 you'll see if there are locos on this range.
BTW: This search will also find mfx locos with the same address - you can ignore all mfx locos because they don't use MM addresses and cannot cause conflicts.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2008 16:12:06(UTC)
H0

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />as mentioned before this also applies to the same address+1 (if this secondary address has been activated in the decoder).

Not quite true: the CS doesn't know if the secondary address was activated.
If you assign a function to f5 through f8 of an MM address, the CS will always use address + 1 (even if you do this for a loco with a Delta decoder - the CS can't know this).
If address + 1 is a function decoder or a different loco, the CS will simply emit the corresponding commands.
f5 for address 17 will simple switch f1 at address 18 - this can be a cool feature if you have a function decoder at address + 1 ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mascagni  
#6 Posted : 11 August 2008 16:51:00(UTC)
mascagni

OK, I will try to figure out what is the offending address(es). I suspect we have good evidence it's near 45-47.--MM
Offline mascagni  
#7 Posted : 11 August 2008 17:30:49(UTC)
mascagni

A quick, related, question: Since I have had trouble with decoder addresses 46 and 47, and when I had one running, the other showed the [u]1-80[\u] symbol. Is this behavior that makes sense. You can run one of the Loks, but when the other one is tried, there is a freeze? However, you can get either one to run as long as it's the first one loaded on the CS. Thanks.--MM
Offline mascagni  
#8 Posted : 12 August 2008 04:14:24(UTC)
mascagni

Lutz: It was, indeed, that the Re 450 had more than 4 functions defined, and so it was causing a conflict. In fact, it only had 2 active functions and so I removed the redundant ones and all is better now. Thanks.--MM