Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline HGH  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2008 11:45:01(UTC)
HGH

Hello together,

for some weeks, there is a new soundproject for the RAe II "TEE Gottardo" at the ESU Homepage.
This project is only made for the standard "ESU-Loksound V3.5". Unfortunately, there is currently no mfx soundproject availible.

I want to inform you, that it is now possible to change the original build-in mfx-Decoder/Soundmodul to a new ESU Loksound-mfx sounddecoder.
The new decoder contains a sound-project that is based on the ESU-Soundproject and some special addon sounds. Here are the facts. http://img411.imageshack...0803gottardosoundwx5.jpg

To change the decoder, easily you have to
- drop the buid-in decoder, speaker and soundmodul
- connect the new mfx-Loksound decoder (with new speaker) to the mtc(21)-connector.

The speaker must be changed because it has 32 Ohm and the Loksound needs 100 Ohm. The geometric dimensions of the speakers are equal (21 mm).

Tip:
You can take the droped components to change any other of your Märklin-Locos!wink

In a second step, we soon will inform you about, how the interior lighting of the train will be decoupled from the forehead lighting. Smile

Edited by user 04 November 2010 08:03:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

with kind regards ... HGH

modell-railroading is fun
Offline 60904  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2008 17:28:29(UTC)

Germany   
I can only recommend this mfx Gottardo sound which has been created by HGH and U. Schwierzke. The announcements are impressive. German, Italian and French. Sounds of the brakes and releasing the brakes, accelerating are very nicely put into the project.

I put it into my train yesterday. It is worth the work and you will like this train even more. It should have been factary installed. But probably now it is even better because the real experts did it. Smile
Greetings
Martin
Offline HGH  
#3 Posted : 15 August 2008 15:36:51(UTC)
HGH

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by HGH
<br />..... I want to inform you, that it is now possible to change the original build-in mfx-Decoder/Soundmodul to a new ESU Loksound-mfx sounddecoder.....

Hello together,

I just made a DEMO-Sample http://hgh-esn.ath.cx/sounds/gottardo_sample.mp3] from the sound-project.

You will hear several sound of the Projekt from a train, that starts at a station , drives a little bit, arrives the destination station and then he will be stoped.

Offline mascagni  
#4 Posted : 15 August 2008 16:26:37(UTC)
mascagni

Hans-Guenter: Is there any reader for Windows for the .esu files, the format of the files used in the LokSound? I assume you must have at least a converter, but there must be a player as well, I imagine.--MM
Michael Mascagni, Tallahassee
If I weren't a Mathematician, I'd be a Violinist.--Albert Einstein
Offline jonquinn  
#5 Posted : 15 August 2008 17:50:05(UTC)
jonquinn

So how can someone in the USA buy this upgrade? where is it available from and how much will it cost? and what forms of payment will be accepted (I hope credit card or paypal)?
Offline HGH  
#6 Posted : 15 August 2008 20:31:37(UTC)
HGH

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by jonquinn
<br />So how can someone in the USA buy this upgrade? where is it available from and how much will it cost? and what forms of payment will be accepted (I hope credit card or paypal)?

Hi Jon,

Paypal will be possible.
Please send me a email for more information.

Offline charles Sharpe  
#7 Posted : 20 August 2008 11:53:30(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Hans.

I have sent you an e mail about the new ESU Loksound-MFXDecoder for the Rae11 TEE Gottardo and were I can purchase it in the UK. I am having a small problem with my spam filter it thinks most of the e mails from Germany are spam.[:(][:(]
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline HGH  
#8 Posted : 20 August 2008 22:43:19(UTC)
HGH

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by charles Sharpe
<br /> .... I am having a small problem with my spam filter it thinks most of the e mails from Germany are spam.[:(][:(]

Hi Charles,

I send a email back to you at the same day I recieved the one from you.
Prease check your spam-filter. biggrin

Offline charles Sharpe  
#9 Posted : 21 August 2008 20:12:18(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Hans.

Is it possible to put your answer to my question on this site as BT/YAHOO are trying to fix my problem with German e mails. PS sorry to be a pain in the bum.
Many thanks Charles[:p][:p]
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Weltenbummler  
#10 Posted : 21 August 2008 20:33:30(UTC)
Weltenbummler

Germany   
Hi everyone,

Uwe was in Berlin last tuesday and a few friends and myself met him in a nicepub.
Certainly we had some tracks and a MS for controlling this train.
I can assure you the effort HGH and Uwe put in this work is perfection to the end.
All the sounds are amzing and it looks great to see that the train starts moving after the brakes were released to the end. I made a small film but the quality is not that good.
Try to place it here when I'm back from Tiflis/Georgia next tuesday.
Regard from Karachi
Thomas
Offline pa-pauls  
#11 Posted : 21 August 2008 22:26:47(UTC)
pa-pauls

Looking forward to your video Thomas Smile

I hope to get this nice Gottardo set during this fall wink
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline pa-pauls  
#12 Posted : 19 July 2009 14:04:24(UTC)
pa-pauls

Finally I have got this impressive model [:p]

Regarding the sound project/upgrade I have seen that you can now get it on ESU homepage with # 62497.
I would like to know if there is someone that has done this upgrade and how it went confused
Is it so easy as HGH says it is :"just drop the buid-in decoder, speaker and soundmodul. Connect the new
mfx-Loksound decoder (with new speaker) to the mtc(21)-connector" or do I need to do some other modification's confused
And "how the interior lighting of the train will be decoupled from the forehead lighting." would also be nice wink
Pål Paulsen
Offline steventrain  
#13 Posted : 19 July 2009 14:10:04(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by pa-pauls
<br />Finally I have got this impressive model [:p]

Well done, Paul.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline pa-pauls  
#14 Posted : 22 July 2009 23:25:51(UTC)
pa-pauls

Exactly, that was what I was thinking Lutz wink

Strange that nobody can tell me how to do it and that nobody has done it...
Pål Paulsen
Offline Rajnish  
#15 Posted : 17 October 2010 13:37:24(UTC)
Rajnish

Hi! Everyone,

Uwe from SMS- Neviges has done a great job of creating the sound upgrade kit for Marklin Gottardo #39540, which is easy to install and works flawlessly. I was so pleased with the upgrade that I "pestered" Uwe to create an upgrade for Marklin ICE 37786....and I am delighted to report that he has done a star job. I am extremely happy to have been able to upgrade my ICE train, which is an excellent model but one that was marred by poor sound features.

BTW I have no prior affliation with Uwe of SMS-Neviges and do not stand to benefit financially from any transaction that you complete with him. I thought I will mention this here in the forum because many of the fellow members had expressed their frustration with poor sound features on the Marklin ICE model 37786. The process for upgrading the ICE is fairly similar, which is disconnecting the built in sound module and removing the speaker including the mfx decoder. You then need to drop the mfx decoder with ICE sound project on to the PCB and install the 100 ohms speaker, and off you go...

Uwe speaks excellent English, is extremely helpful and is also able to accept Paypal, which is a big help for folks such as me wo live outside EU.

Cheers,

Rajnish
Offline river6109  
#16 Posted : 17 October 2010 13:59:52(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Rajnish,

So how much does this all cost in the end ? although everyone seems to be extremely happy, you have to pay a double price for your decoder and soundmodule !!

Who would buy the inferior decoder & soundmodule ?

I could'nt be bothered changing my soundmodule out of a Class 18.1 and re-sold the loco again.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Rajnish  
#17 Posted : 17 October 2010 18:56:55(UTC)
Rajnish

river6109 wrote:
Rajnish,

So how much does this all cost in the end ? although everyone seems to be extremely happy, you have to pay a double price for your decoder and soundmodule !!

Who would buy the inferior decoder & soundmodule ?

I could'nt be bothered changing my soundmodule out of a Class 18.1 and re-sold the loco again.

John

Hi! John,

The value or worthiness for upgrading is an extremely subjective topic....

The cost of the upgrade will work out to app. Euro 115+ at least, depending upon the shipping costs. You can say that you are paying double for a sound decoder but the way I would look at it is that I am paying a premium for getting an ICE / Gottardo model with much better sound features. I don't seem to understand why Marklin could not do a sligly better job of putting complete sound features in their models.

If you are someone who does not care much about sound features then it may not be worthwhile, however those who like to get as many sound features as possible in their models would certainly find it worth the upgrade.

The mfx decoder in the ICE/ Gottardo can be used for upgtrading an existing non-mfx loco....so you probably get Euro 25 worth out of the existing decoder but that's probably it.

Cheers,

Rajnish