Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline biotechee  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2008 17:00:43(UTC)
biotechee

Well, pursuant to an earlier thread of mine, I have done another digital conversion. I finally *completed* the Trix 22536 weathered Seetal conversion to 3-rail. I again used a Lokpilot decoder. And yet again, I get slight hesitation!

Based on the responses I got from others in my earlier thread, I am confident these hesitations come down to the CV values of the decoder. The tracks are clean and other digital loks (with M decoders) do not exhibit this hesitation. It is not my soldering skills either as I have also converted other loks with M's 60760 and there are no problems.

So.... I must admit that I am disappointed in the performance of the Lokpilot "out of the box". The 60760 decoder has worked flawlessly "out of the box".

Of the three conversions I have now done with the Lokpilot (3173 with upgraded M 5 pole motor bits, 3447/8 Eg2/2 with can motor, and Trix 22536 with can motor), they all display this hesitation. Adjusting the CV values is not easy for me as I don't have my 6021 permanently set-up anywhere.

I have asked my dealer if he can recommend some M decoders to replace the Lokpilots. I'll also see if I can fiddle with the CVs at some point, but what an annoyance!

And for what it's worth, I also have a bunch of 60760s on order with my dealer.

Just venting....

Jim
Offline DasBert33  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2008 20:28:52(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Honestly,

I have exactly the opposite experience. Yes my LPs have been behaving 'less optimal' before CV optimalisation, but after that there was no comparison to the 60760. CS owners with mfx decoders will probably say the same.

My locos all drive in DCC128 mode. I use the graphical programming interface from my ecos to set the CVs, which gives less headaches than using a 6021. Maybe you can get an ecos or lokprogrammer to program your LPs more easily.

Your LPs come with a manual that has the CV values for the kind of motor you want to use.

Bert
Offline biotechee  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2008 21:48:29(UTC)
biotechee

Hi Bert-

Thanks for the reply. I understand the LP is a good decoder, I guess I was just a little disappointed that it's behavior was not "as good as" the 60760 right out of the box. I also agree that, once optimized, it is probably far better than the 60760. But I was just hoping I wouldn't have to optimize....

Jim
Offline MarioFabro  
#4 Posted : 16 July 2008 00:30:38(UTC)
MarioFabro

United States   
I had some issues as well. Converted a Rivarossi to 3-rail with the lokpilot and all went well. When I up-graded to the same decoder but with mFX I expereinced the "hesitation" duriing start-up. I have not fiddled with any CV but I would like to know if there is a page here or somewhere with the correct parameters. I have a CS but also the 6021 on a test track (I assume you have to use the latter for the regulations)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageEra IV-VI --- "If you have brains you love trains" or "When I grow up, I will play with trains"