Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tahoetom  
#1 Posted : 18 April 2002 02:18:18(UTC)
Tahoetom

Hi all! I'm having some problems with some of my digitally controlled turnout motors (74490 C ELEC TURNOUT MECHANISM) on my C Track. Some of them stick quite often. They'll go one way but not the other without a few light taps. you can hear them trying but just not budging. They will work fine a few times then stick again. They are fairly new but have been sitting a while. Is there a way to clean or lube these? Should i just replace them? The turn out mechanism itself seems fine and easy to move.

Tom
Tom
Offline KLB  
#2 Posted : 18 April 2002 03:47:49(UTC)
KLB

HiTom,all,
This is from our webmaster on a simular thread:

>>The early C-track switch solenoids were not absolutely perfect when used in digital. The trouble was that they were "too good" and the tongue bounced back since the solenoid got too much "juice"... A solution was worked out by a member on the MML, and it consisted of hanging a 5 ohm resistance in series with the "yellow" wire. Märklin then also started to supply an extra resistor with the C-track solenoids. I however believe the problem is solved nowadays at the factory.<<

I would check the C-track switch mechanism it self and make sure it has no obstruction in it's movement.

Kevin!
Kevin!

Moderator,Märklin Bar&Grill

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MarklinBandG/