Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Kal Suresh  
#1 Posted : 20 May 2024 08:50:59(UTC)
Kal Suresh

India   
I have C tracks which I have converted to contact tracks and appropriately wired and connected through Link 88 to CS3+. Have created automated routes incorporating sound functions, reversal etc with a specific contact track and a specific loco (Loco A) which work fine. But when another loco (Loco B) passes over this contact it activates Loco A even it is farther away, though the Loco A is parked elsewhere with signal light with delay. I have tried several means but I am unable tyo solve this problem. Need suggestion/help

Kal Suresh
Offline Pasquiles  
#2 Posted : 20 May 2024 10:55:22(UTC)
Pasquiles

Luxembourg   
Contact C tracks are agnostic to which train activates it. Does not matter if it is train A or train B, who pass through it. It will activate it every single time.

That is why you need to set it up in a smart way.

If train A passes through goes from contact 1 to contact 3 passing through contact 3. You must setup it up the macro of train A in such away that it ignores any activation of contact 3, as long as contact 1 or 2 are not activated (which means train A is there).

Then if you want to have macros for several trains you need to create umbrella macros that contains several macros, so they are executed sequentially (potentially by the use of contact tracks).

Last recomendation I can do to learn is watching the videos of https://youtube.com/@modeltrainfun?si=XpEM1pYGqvk1wEnA

The guy explains everything about programming with the CS3 very well.
Offline Kal Suresh  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2024 11:10:20(UTC)
Kal Suresh

India   
Thanks indeed for your quick and lucid response. Yes I have extensively used Model Train Fun by Jenson (right name i hope). Coiuldn't find this particular one on his videos, especially use of Macros. But will try Macros/umbrella macros. Thanks again

Kal
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 20 May 2024 11:18:41(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Kal Suresh Go to Quoted Post
I have C tracks which I have converted to contact tracks and appropriately wired and connected through Link 88 to CS3+. Have created automated routes incorporating sound functions, reversal etc with a specific contact track and a specific loco (Loco A) which work fine. But when another loco (Loco B) passes over this contact it activates Loco A even it is farther away, though the Loco A is parked elsewhere with signal light with delay. I have tried several means but I am unable tyo solve this problem. Need suggestion/help

Kal Suresh

Hi Kal

I think your problem comes from using a CS3 (or any normal digital central unit):
- it does not know which loco is where. In your case you have made a control using Loco A but as soon as you use another loco (B) it does not work anymore.
- so the only way to control trains with a CS3 is to use signals which cut the power off of any train in the location. A very Neandertalian way of controlling trains
- alternately, you need to use a train control software like Rocrail (RR). It updates in real time the position of any train and any wagon so, when a block is occupied then RR knows to which loco it needs to send a digital order (loco xyz V=0)

Here is a glimpse of Rocrail operation (totally automatic mode)

Cheers
Jean

Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 20 May 2024 12:58:57(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
The CS3 has control and not the loco. Therefore when a contact is used the CS3 will tell your loco what to do. Not sure about this as have not tried but delete loco A from the route or set up and replace it with one not on the track. You can add loco back again when you want to run it. You can just take loco A off the track or hold it in a siding with the power off in the siding while running other trains. Anything else for me looks over complicated but you may be able to do as Pasquiles suggests.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Kal Suresh  
#6 Posted : 20 May 2024 13:21:46(UTC)
Kal Suresh

India   
Thanks all for your suggestions. Will try and see what works

Kal
Offline Pasquiles  
#7 Posted : 20 May 2024 15:18:13(UTC)
Pasquiles

Luxembourg   
Hi Kal,

Trial and error is at the end the only way to learn with the CS3.

But at the end you can get very satisfactory results with the CS3. I have one program including all my 7 locos that last over 20’ totally automatically.

Just give you a hint of the routines you can do, a very basic example with 2 locos.

- You have loco 1 based on contact A.
- Loco 2 based on contact B.
- First event is Loco 1 going to A to B, passing through C.
- Loco 1 arrives at C and stop. Second event is triggered.
- Second event is Loco 2 from B to A, Loco 2 leaves B. Contact B being empty is the trigger to the resume of event 1.
- Loco 1 moves from C to B.
- Etcetera…

Hope it helps.
Offline Kal Suresh  
#8 Posted : 23 May 2024 17:27:32(UTC)
Kal Suresh

India   
Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I mixed a few suggestions (except Rocorail) and able to run four industrial/freight tracks each controlling the other. Pretty basic stuff. My old analog mind is still grappling with macros and hope to decipher it one of these days

Cheers

Kal
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Kal Suresh