Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DJMarklin  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2024 06:41:55(UTC)
DJMarklin

United States   
C'mon Marklin! 18045 Made in China, really! If you know then you know, everything manufactured in China is junk no matter what name it is sold under. No offense to the wonderful Chinese people. Chinese manufacturing is inferior quality, lacks quality control is without ethical oversight. They cut every corner, use inferior and or compromised materials and lie about everything to any foreign manufactures who are greedy enough to ruin their reputation by allowing their goods to be manufactured in China. Marklin has sold out and is now just another investment company ROI grab. I know, Marklin has been contracting in China for some years now under the new investment management.

Okay I do have a question and thanks for allowing the rant. How can we Marklin Enthusiast determine the country of manufacture for Marklin models before we drop the big bucks?
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2024 09:58:43(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Doesn't matter where, they need earning money to survive...

I am more worried about their repair service in Göppingen.

They are fast with reply telling send equipment but when asking about spare parts it's really quiet.

A bit of unpleasantly still and maybe show how it goes for the grate brand.
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2024 10:22:19(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
When a company contracts with a Chinese manufacturer, the quality today depends on what you are willing to pay for accurate and precise specifications. Also raw material grades.
My brother in law is an automotive supplier CFO, and says they can be difficult to bargain with. Not all, but some.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Online river6109  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2024 10:41:47(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: DJMarklin Go to Quoted Post
C'mon Marklin! 18045 Made in China, really! If you know then you know, everything manufactured in China is junk no matter what name it is sold under. No offense to the wonderful Chinese people. Chinese manufacturing is inferior quality, lacks quality control is without ethical oversight. They cut every corner, use inferior and or compromised materials and lie about everything to any foreign manufactures who are greedy enough to ruin their reputation by allowing their goods to be manufactured in China. Marklin has sold out and is now just another investment company ROI grab. I know, Marklin has been contracting in China for some years now under the new investment management.

Okay I do have a question and thanks for allowing the rant. How can we Marklin Enthusiast determine the country of manufacture for Marklin models before we drop the big bucks?

I think this is a bit harsh to condemn everything is made in China is junk, its the company who either order or specify the materials in question, yes I agree there are cheap and nasty things made but we are the culprits who buy it, for instance I bought some cork sheets (made in China) I couldn't buy them for that price in Australia or Europe, I've bought garden tools, security cameras and many other things and they all are made of quality materials at half the price I could buy them in Australia but I also have a choice which items I can buy, we have a mega hardware store here in Australia called Bunnings but their choices are very limited and they are just here for profits and not for choices, my main purchases are from a company called TEMU, free delivery, free returns or instant refunds if you're not happy with the product, you don't have to return it, if the delivery is not on time you get a A$ 5.00 refund.,
So if you worried about Märklin products being made in China you may look at other choices,
Your comments are also highly incorrect without having any concrete evidence how you came to all these conclusions.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 20 April 2024 12:08:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: DJMarklin Go to Quoted Post

That is a pretty broad brush criticism of Chinese manufacturing that I certainly do not agree with. Quite frankly there are many things manufactured in the USA that would match the description you give above.

Marklin has in recent years maintained high quality manufacturing in China, and I certainly wouldn't query if their product was manufactured there. But if you want to avoid products manufactured in China then you will need to wait until you can visit your local shop once they have stock of the item you wish to purchase, and see if it has a 'made in China' sticker on it. The problem with this procedure is that the item is likely to be sold out before you can do this.

Yes there are cheap junk products made in China, but the same goes for every other country.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 20 April 2024 14:30:18(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Most anything American made is "assembled in the USA" with imported parts and or components. There are some expetions of course. REP Fitness equipment for example. Their made in China decline'incline bench is less expensive than their "American" made one. I don't know where they source the Channel iron from. Their facility in Columbus Ohio is more of a warehouse and showrrom than a factory. They do some assembly, machining, and maybe welding there.
Offline analogmike  
#7 Posted : 20 April 2024 14:55:56(UTC)
analogmike

United States   
Here we go again!
Don't buy any new, overpriced, plastic, digital junk and you won't have a problem with China!
Boycott Marklin.
I love the smell of smoke fluid in the morning .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by analogmike
Offline marklinist5999  
#8 Posted : 20 April 2024 15:10:54(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Given that alalogy, then also boycot Ford, GM, Chrysler, VW, Nissan, Toyota, GE, Whirlpool, etc. You can't escape it. We live in a global economy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline analogmike  
#9 Posted : 20 April 2024 15:15:41(UTC)
analogmike

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Given that alalogy, then also boycot Ford, GM, Chrysler, VW, Nissan, Toyota, GE, Whirlpool, etc. You can't escape it. We live in a global economy.

I do escape it. Every day, when I run my old Marklins.
I love the smell of smoke fluid in the morning .
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by analogmike
Online river6109  
#10 Posted : 20 April 2024 19:32:30(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
These type of comments should be aired at the international forum for "who is my enemy" and "who can I trust"

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline franciscohg  
#11 Posted : 20 April 2024 21:54:32(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
This made in China thing has really became kinda boring.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by franciscohg