Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2024 09:50:44(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Here’s a bit of a mystery: Trainsdepot have published the ACME Catalog 2024 Preview, and the below picture is derived from page 49. However, on ACME’s own website, the ”same” catalog has only 32 pages and different content. It seems like Trainsdepot’have a scanned copy of a catalog. Also, I couldn’t find anything about a Re 450 on the ACME site.

Would be great to have an alternative to the rare and expensive Re 450 from HAG, but would you have some more information about this ACME Re 450?

In addition, what could ”Exclusive for K M L” (below) mean? EDIT: Found it https://www.kml-log.ch . Indicates that the odds of a lower price will increase…

Confused Smile

IMG_2076.jpeg
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 10 March 2024 14:36:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

In addition, what could ”Exclusive for K M L” (below) mean? EDIT: Found it https://www.kml-log.ch . Indicates that the odds of a lower price will increase…

It seems this is a Swiss dealership that gets special items for that market. The Stummis forum New Items 2024 thread has a link to a Kibri brochure done for the same dealership with a heap of Swiss buildings and some related items in it.

Offline Unholz  
#3 Posted : 10 March 2024 16:44:24(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
KML is the Swiss importer for ACME and has a similar function like Arwico for Piko. It is assumed that the Re 450 will primarily be available in Switzerland, and dealers from other countries will have to try to get the model via KML.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 10 March 2024 18:07:08(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Exciting!

The ACME website is notorious for being late to posting news, I'm sure it will wind up on there at some point.

I too am a little sad it is "CH only" - there were many Piko items I would have purchased had they been available elsewhere. Between exchange rates, shipping, and US shipments not having to pay the higher "rest of EU" vat, the prices on the CH-only models are prohibitive.
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 10 March 2024 20:05:03(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
From what I could interpret, the model is being released by ACME. AC versions will be produced for and distributed by KML-Log, the Swiss distributor of ACME, LS Models and other brands.
I presume that since there is a higher number of 3 Rail modellers in Switzerland than in Italy, that KML committed to ordering a specific quantity and it was decided that all AC models produced will go to the Swiss market and be marketed by KML.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 11 March 2024 03:08:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline GlennM  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2024 03:28:17(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
Exciting!

The ACME website is notorious for being late to posting news, I'm sure it will wind up on there at some point.

I too am a little sad it is "CH only" - there were many Piko items I would have purchased had they been available elsewhere. Between exchange rates, shipping, and US shipments not having to pay the higher "rest of EU" vat, the prices on the CH-only models are prohibitive.

There are also dealers that will not ship outside of Switzerland and so that is an added hindrance.
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline GlennM  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2024 03:31:21(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

Would be great to have an alternative to the rare and expensive Re 450 from HAG, but would you have some more information about this ACME Re 450?

That is for sure, a few years back one Swiss dealer had the HAG version for CHF 1629.00!!!!

Don't look back, your not heading that way.