Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 10 January 2024 21:19:05(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I was looking at these newly announced models: https://www.maerklin.de/...te/details/article/47471
Piko and Roco both have the T3000e in their product lines. I have two of the Piko cars as part of my LKW Walter Trailer Train.
I have had difficulty using the Piko cars with Maerklin containers (20, 40 and 45ft), because the spacing of the sockets does not seem to match up entirely.
I have been able to mount my Maerklin (Herpa) trailers on the Piko cars and have used one of these Piko cars when I wanted to run a "Mainsped" or "Jost Group" trailer in one of the UKV trains.

Some of the Herpa trailers have been problematic on my Maerklin T1 cars because the spare tire and the undercarriage do not always fit those cars properly. The trailers which came with the Maerklin cars have been slightly adapted compared to the ones sold individually by Herpa, but they fit the Piko cars without problem.

For this reason, a number of my Maerklin T1 cars have been repurposed with containers.

I am interested in the new Maerklin models, because it would be nice to have an additional car or two with LKW Walter trailers (Trix version). The T1s are no longer in service with trailers with most operators, so the T3000, the Twin (ESU) and the T4 (Kombimodell) are the most common in use today. I am also considering the MaTrix Wascosa cars with Bertschi containers as those are always usable. I wish that they would vary the loads a little more. It would be nice to have a few 23ft tank containers and not all 20ft ones. https://thumbs.truckfan..../m/man/20695-tga-man.jpg

The nice thing about Bertschi loads is that those tank cars can be found with all kinds of UKV trains and not so much in unit trains.

It would also be nice to have a few loads that are more common to the north-south axis (Gotthard/Loetschberg) from companies like "Bulkhaul", "Huktra", "Rinnen" or "Lanfer"...
At EUR 149, these models come in about 50% more than the Piko models...

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c