Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline matiSon  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2023 23:45:41(UTC)
matiSon

United States   
For my new layout, there will be mostly digital trains, but on one or two isolated circuits, I plan to run older analog trains. I have a few older starter trains in my closet, but none of them run at this time.

The first locomotive that I will work on is a #3029. it appears that someone had attempted to solder quite a few things on this unit, and none of it was done neatly. There is a component on top of the motor. It looks a bit like a capacitor, but I am not sure. It is number 18 and it is labeled UKW-Drossel which I think means “throttle“ in a service manual I saw online that does not show wiring connections. Anyway, one end of the component is loose, and it is not apparent where it should go. If anyone has a schematic or even a basic wiring diagram, I would greatly appreciate them sharing it with me.
Thank you
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 10 December 2023 23:53:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: matiSon Go to Quoted Post
For my new layout, there will be mostly digital trains, but on one or two isolated circuits, I plan to run older analog trains. I have a few older starter trains in my closet, but none of them run at this time.

The first locomotive that I will work on is a #3029. it appears that someone had attempted to solder quite a few things on this unit, and none of it was done neatly. There is a component on top of the motor. It looks a bit like a capacitor, but I am not sure. It is number 18 and it is labeled UKW-Drossel which I think means “throttle“ in a service manual I saw online that does not show wiring connections. Anyway, one end of the component is loose, and it is not apparent where it should go. If anyone has a schematic or even a basic wiring diagram, I would greatly appreciate them sharing it with me.
Thank you

The service manual in this post will have what you want.

Offline Luma Moba  
#3 Posted : 19 December 2023 23:15:05(UTC)
Luma Moba

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: matiSon Go to Quoted Post

Thank you

Ave Matison,

if you still in need, I have the BAL (old user manual) and the ETL (spar parts list) with a little wiring diagram on the right side ... can upload them if you still want it.

but for Information one side goes to the pic up (Schleifer) and the other on the left side of the motor (with the golden brush) ...

have fun
Luma
Do not do to others what you do not want to suffer yourself
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Luma Moba
Offline matiSon  
#4 Posted : 20 December 2023 17:01:52(UTC)
matiSon

United States   
Thank you Luma, now I have the information that I need! I traced one side to the pickup, and it was the other side that was confusing to me. Had there been no previous work done on this model, it would have been easier to determine where the wire came from.

I soldered the wire to the left of the motor at the brush contact, and now the locomotive works fine. Thank you!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by matiSon