Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Stefano Rocca  
#1 Posted : 03 September 2023 18:54:30(UTC)
Stefano Rocca

Italy   
CE_800_3.jpgCE_800_2.jpgCE_800_1.jpgCE_800_4.jpg

Dear Märklin friends, I have this old Märklin CE 800 and I used it always powering it by the rails, but, now, I want to use the catenary. As you can see, the pantograph seems a bit damaged. May I fix it on my own or have I to change the pantograph with a new onw?. How may I do it, please? It seems to me, it is a Märklin Strombahnemer Typ 6.1. Am I right? Have you any suggestions, please? On E-bay I've seen that all the pantographs seem to have the same issue!
Best regards
Stefano Rocca
Offline Mark5  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2023 00:43:57(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Ciao Stefano and welcome to the Marklin-user Forum.

What seems to be the problem with the pantograph?

If you mean that it doesnt look parallel, well once under the tension of the catenary wire pushing it down it should straighten up.
Are you using the old type catenary or the new type? The older type has a bit more push back as it is stiffer stuff.

BTW as an afterthought I just remembered that I have tons of the old stuff in good condition that I will be selling if you need anything of the old type, let me know.
However I am sure you can get plenty of catenary locally in Genova or at least the EU.

Let us know how the pantograph looks when you have it under the wires.

Mark
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline Stefano Rocca  
#3 Posted : 04 September 2023 08:42:13(UTC)
Stefano Rocca

Italy   

Hello Mark, thank your for your welcome, but I'm an old member! I just had to create a new account, because apparently my old one didn't appear anymore in the Forum database. Anyway I created a new one.
Yes, I do mean that it doesn't look parallel and the power supplies seems very low. I do use the old catenary, because I've built a layout all with 3-rails system and the serie 800 loko and I'm enjoying it a lot on the side of my digital layout as well.
Thank you for letting me know about your old stuffs...I'll write you in pvt.
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post
Ciao Stefano and welcome to the Marklin-user Forum.

What seems to be the problem with the pantograph?

If you mean that it doesnt look parallel, well once under the tension of the catenary wire pushing it down it should straighten up.
Are you using the old type catenary or the new type? The older type has a bit more push back as it is stiffer stuff.

BTW as an afterthought I just remembered that I have tons of the old stuff in good condition that I will be selling if you need anything of the old type, let me know.
However I am sure you can get plenty of catenary locally in Genova or at least the EU.

Let us know how the pantograph looks when you have it under the wires.

Mark

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Stefano Rocca
Offline Paul59  
#4 Posted : 04 September 2023 15:13:09(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Hello Stefano, My CE800 pantograph looks exactly like yours and, as Mark5 said, it sits properly when pressing against the old style catenary.
It works very well - apart from sometimes sticking half down but I'm working on that.

If you are having power supply problems through it have a look at the screw fixing the pantograph into the roof as sometimes these can get dirty or rusty and create an electrical resistance. Try removing the screw and cleaning it up a bit and see if things improve.

These old locos really are great aren't they?
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Paul59
Offline Mark5  
#5 Posted : 04 September 2023 17:06:28(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Yes, I agree Paul. I really like these solid old ladies. The chrome metal handles are a nice touch too.
I have the green and the red one, but sadly I have the wrong panto on one of them that needs replacing. So keeping the old panto in shape seems best as I am not sure where to get the old replacement parallel pantographs. I haven't really looked much though.

Did you see any reasonable offers for the part in your search?
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 04 September 2023 20:08:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
You may be able to find the pantograph from either Ritter Restaurationen or from Amiba.ch
More recent versions of this model had the classic 1960s Maerklin 7218 pantograph

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Stefano Rocca  
#7 Posted : 06 September 2023 18:13:32(UTC)
Stefano Rocca

Italy   
Hello, dear Paul,,,,,I do absolutely agree with you! these old locos are just the best in Märklin production! they look grogeous in my 3-rails vintage layout. I think that the Perfekt is just marvellous.
Thank you so so so much for the suggestion...I'll try the cleaning in the weekend....so I'm touching wood!!
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: Paul59 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Stefano, My CE800 pantograph looks exactly like yours and, as Mark5 said, it sits properly when pressing against the old style catenary.
It works very well - apart from sometimes sticking half down but I'm working on that.

If you are having power supply problems through it have a look at the screw fixing the pantograph into the roof as sometimes these can get dirty or rusty and create an electrical resistance. Try removing the screw and cleaning it up a bit and see if things improve.

Offline Stefano Rocca  
#8 Posted : 06 September 2023 18:19:42(UTC)
Stefano Rocca

Italy   
Hello,m dear Mike C,
I do totally agree with you. Herr Elmar Ritter is just the best and he stores a lot of items and he works really good in restoring our locos as well. I'ven't know about the Amiba.ch and so thank you for the suggestion. I'll put his page in my Favourite as well.
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
You may be able to find the pantograph from either Ritter Restaurationen or from Amiba.ch
More recent versions of this model had the classic 1960s Maerklin 7218 pantograph

Regards

Mike C

Offline Stefano Rocca  
#9 Posted : 11 September 2023 08:28:20(UTC)
Stefano Rocca

Italy   

Hello Paul, I've done the cleaning of the screw, with some CRC as well, but it didn't improve. Have you any other suggestion to solve the issue, please?
Anyway, thank you so so much for what you've suggested!
Best regards
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: Paul59 Go to Quoted Post