Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cintrans  
#1 Posted : 01 August 2023 01:11:01(UTC)
cintrans

Aruba   
Hi

I have a Piko for Marklin 3-rail Taurus (#57223, Kombi Verkehr) that has a factory installed AnDi 75394 decoder in it.
When i run the lok on my layout it runs very erratic, as like the speed steps dont stay constant...
When starting of it runs prototypical to fast, even with the controller (6021) only at 50 ~ 100 or so, then when it reaches the other side of the layout, speed goes down dramatically into a crawl so i need to up the controller for the lok to continue moving with on his turn speeds up the lok to much....
None of my other lok's (Marklin) do this, so its not a dirty track issue.
I am thinking of installing a simple 60760 Fx decoder in the lok to replace the AnDi and see if this would cure the behavior... any ideas?

regards

Jean-Pierre

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 02 August 2023 19:25:56(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: cintrans Go to Quoted Post
I am thinking of installing a simple 60760 Fx decoder in the lok to replace the AnDi and see if this would cure the behavior... any ideas?
With the 60760, you cannot adjust the motor parameters.
I'd recommend using a simple ESU decoder and using the motor values recommended by ESU.

It is easy to install a decoder with cables or with NEM 652 plug and cables (cut the plug off). Remove the AnDi junk and install the new decoder. Place the cables according to the NEM standard and ignore the colours of the AnDi.

AnDi is a simple decoder with 14 speed steps and without load regulation, just like a Delta decoder. That explains the bad running.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline cintrans  
#3 Posted : 03 August 2023 01:20:54(UTC)
cintrans

Aruba   
Hi Tom

Thanks for the information.

The carrier board on top of the motor has the 8 holes in it for a NEM 652 connector, but not the female plug, so the replacement will need to be soldered in also.
Have a mLD decoder with 21 pin carrier board in the junk box, but not sure if there is enough place between the top of the motor and the shell for it to fit... so need to check that one then, or a ESU Lokpilot...

What should be the correct motor selection? Bell armature, DC soft or DC hard?

Regards
Jean-Pierre
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 03 August 2023 17:05:05(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: cintrans Go to Quoted Post
What should be the correct motor selection? Bell armature, DC soft or DC hard?
I think I'd try DC Soft, DC Hard, and c90 to see what works best. The motor does not have a bell-shaped armature.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage