Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline twmarklinfan  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2023 00:51:29(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Hi All,IMG_2703.jpegIMG_2702.jpeg

I run my system through a CS3+ with a CS2 as a slave. I register all my locos on a programming track through the CS3+, thus the CS2 gets its data from the CS3+. However I have noticed that from time to time the CS2 shows a photo of a different version of the same model. Has anyone seen this? Have you been able to correct it?

Thanks for looking
Adrian
Offline rhfil  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2023 02:03:55(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
The images of the locos are in folders, at least in the CS3/3+ and probably the CS2. Somehow one has the incorrect images. Not sure what is the easiest way to fix the problem.
Offline Johnvr  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2023 10:13:15(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
Not sure what is the easiest way to fix the problem.

I have a CS2.
You may be able to select the correct image for your loco from images already loaded onto your CS2 by clicking on the 'spanner' on your CS2 and the clicking on the loco icon. There are many images there but it may be that the image for your loco is not available.

If an appropriate image is not avaliable, then there is a way to upload pictures to your CS2, so that you can select a correct picture for the loco.
I believe that there is also a similar method for the CS3.

Following steps are required for the CS2 :

1. Select an image of the loco which you want to upload. There are many images on the internet which you can choose, or otherwise you can take a picture with your camera and upload it to your computer. This image will likely be in .JPG format or otherwise it could be in .PNG format.

2. Using some appropriate software ( I use Microsoft Paint), you need to convert the image to a .PNG file, and ensure that your image size is no larger than 128 pixels horizontal x 48 pixels vertical. Save this .PNG file on your computer.

3. Connect your laptop computer to your CS2 using a standard Ethernet cable.

4. Find the IP Address of your CS2 by going to the CS2 tools section and clicking on the IP address. It will be something like 168.154.1.1 or similar.

5. Type this IP address number into the Browser on your computer. You will get a screen on your computer showing CS2 Tools.

6. Go to the option for Icons. All of the icons from your CS2 will be displayed. You will see that you can select a picture from your computer and upload it to your CS2.

7. Re-start your CS2 and you will see the image is available for you to select for your loco.

I have done this for all of my locos, and it is really good idea to get the images to match the locos.

Regards
John