Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Jaime  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2023 02:47:37(UTC)
Jaime

Chile   
Hello, I would like to know your opinions about this question. I have been using Peco code 200 track for 4 years in my garden layout, without major electrical complications, except in the last time that some welds have broken.
Lately I have been thinking about enlarging the station area, and I have been told that the Marklin (hübner) track withstands the weather well, apparently there would be no problems with uv light for the sleepers.
I have big locomotives (kiss and modelbex) and some Marklin kof. I like Peco that I have already tested and in general it has worked well, the only thing I do not like are the turnouts, since I have to install the micro switch pl-33 and sometimes I have had problems. If I don't install it, the small locomotives don't pass through the frog. I have the impression that in the Marklin track this problem does not occur, the small locomotives pass without difficulties, (I have a small interior diorama with these turnouts).
On the other hand if I use Marklin track, I will have to create some adaptation to connect to the sin track at the ends of the model, as there is a difference in the height of the sleepers. Besides Marklin is somewhat more expensive than Peco.

Best regards

Jaime

57EEB151-03DA-4185-A3BD-CAADA0A28136.jpeg

Edited by user 28 June 2023 06:32:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Stefano Rocca  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2023 16:31:38(UTC)
Stefano Rocca

Italy   
I've no experiences with Peko, so I can't give a response to your answer. I do use only Märklin tracks and I had to change the sleepers to connect the old ones to the newest ones, but it has been always easy. Are you so kind to post some pictures of your interior diorama or its track plan?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Stefano

Originally Posted by: Jaime Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I would like to know your opinions about this question. I have been using Peco code 200 track for 4 years in my garden layout, without major electrical complications, except in the last time that some welds have broken.
Lately I have been thinking about enlarging the station area, and I have been told that the Marklin (hübner) track withstands the weather well, apparently there would be no problems with uv light for the sleepers.
I have big locomotives (kiss and modelbex) and some Marklin kof. I like Peco that I have already tested and in general it has worked well, the only thing I do not like are the turnouts, since I have to install the micro switch pl-33 and sometimes I have had problems. If I don't install it, the small locomotives don't pass through the frog. I have the impression that in the Marklin track this problem does not occur, the small locomotives pass without difficulties, (I have a small interior diorama with these turnouts).
On the other hand if I use Marklin track, I will have to create some adaptation to connect to the sin track at the ends of the model, as there is a difference in the height of the sleepers. Besides Marklin is somewhat more expensive than Peco.

Best regards

Jaime

57EEB151-03DA-4185-A3BD-CAADA0A28136.jpeg