Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline viken  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2023 05:59:37(UTC)
viken

India   
Hello Everyone

I have noticed a issue with Trix locos having sound decoders. The issue is that sometimes the locomotive does not move even though the drive command is given by the controller. If you power down the system by Emergency OFF and ON, or shake the loco on the tracks (Either way power briefly goes off) the loco will start to move.

I was wondering if anyone of you have come across this issue and have a solution. Are their any CVs to be changed to take care of this issue? I have Roco z21 white and operate my layout with Rocrail.

DB class 24 steam loco with sound & smoke - 22248
V 60 shunter (Digi coupling and sound) - 22623

Regards,
Viken
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 28 May 2023 11:46:43(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
¨Hi Viken

Not sure if this is the same problem as yours but one of my Märklin MFX Sound locos (purchased in 2012) had the following behaviour:
- when the sound is OFF then the locos runs OK and responds to all commands.
- when the sound is ON, after a few digital commands (or some operation on the layout), the loco would stop but all other fonctions (sound , light, smoke) were working OK.
- when blocked, a sound fonction or PWR off / on would unlock the situation.

At the time in 2012 some fellow Märklinists complained about this (Stummi Forum). I sent my loco to Märklin (through MSL) and got it back 3 months thereafter with the same behaviour so I gave up.
At the same period, Märklin was experimenting a decoder program where the loco would start only after the door close / conductor

I believe it has to do with electrical noise on the pick-up circuit (energy storage issue) but now I don't use the decoder (swapped it with another unused loco).

Cheers
Jean
Offline viken  
#3 Posted : 28 May 2023 11:59:07(UTC)
viken

India   
Hello Jean,

I had purchased this locomotive in the year 2018 from MSL.

Do you have any solution to the electrical noise on the pickup circuit or is there CV setting which can take care of this issue.

Regards,
Viken

Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 28 May 2023 12:12:38(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Viken
First, verify if this is an energy storage issue by putting the loco upside down to power it using wires. If the problem disappears this is an energy storage issue.
On many Marklin (Trix?) decoders the connection of a powerpack is not documented.
I don't know of a CV to correct this. Sorry
Jean
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 28 May 2023 19:47:54(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: viken Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone

I have noticed a issue with Trix locos having sound decoders. The issue is that sometimes the locomotive does not move even though the drive command is given by the controller. If you power down the system by Emergency OFF and ON, or shake the loco on the tracks (Either way power briefly goes off) the loco will start to move.

I was wondering if anyone of you have come across this issue and have a solution. Are their any CVs to be changed to take care of this issue? I have Roco z21 white and operate my layout with Rocrail.

DB class 24 steam loco with sound & smoke - 22248
V 60 shunter (Digi coupling and sound) - 22623

Regards,
Viken

Have you tried to reset locomotive decoder by use CV adress 8 and write value 8?
Does the sounds work when locomotive is not moving?
You should also check if there is contact between the wheels and PCB inside of the locomotive.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline mvd71  
#6 Posted : 28 May 2023 22:48:07(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
I have seen the same problem with a Märklin BR56. Momentary loss of power from crossing a bad piece of track, the loco continues running but sounds all disappear. Power off and on using the stop bar (cs3) and normal ops are restored. No idea why some locos do this though.
Offline viken  
#7 Posted : 31 May 2023 12:55:57(UTC)
viken

India   
Hi,

I have reset the decoder multiple times, but the issue remains the same.

Another observation is when I switch off the locomotive sound, then locomotive work fine, also other sound functions like horn, door close etc. etc. is working fine.

Regards,
Viken

Offline nzrailfan  
#8 Posted : 31 May 2023 13:03:28(UTC)
nzrailfan

New Zealand   
My recent Roco purchase 79966 ran perfect on C-Track but would constantly stutter on K-track , power up and then go nowhere, I would wiggle it on the tracks and it would come back to life which made me think it had a ground problem (contact tracks) but the pick up shoe was only making light contact.
Offline viken  
#9 Posted : 31 May 2023 13:07:37(UTC)
viken

India   
Hello,

I am using 2 rail system, the contacts cannot be an issue because the locomotive run very well when the locomotive sound is switched off.

Regards,
Viken
Offline nzrailfan  
#10 Posted : 31 May 2023 22:59:26(UTC)
nzrailfan

New Zealand   
Hi , you still have pick up contacts each side on the wheel flanges though, I am sure someone on here or maybe the Stummi forum had a badly connected and poorly adjusted contact on there brand new loco. Easy enough to check. Good luck.