Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Harvey  
#1 Posted : 23 May 2023 14:28:33(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Just returned from our short visit. Purpose was to watch our daughter in an armateur hocky tournament. Took the opportunity to visit Eskader. Very small but well stocked (floor to ceiling) store. We were helped by the current owner's parents. Very nice elderly couple. Our purchase goal was something Swedish for myself and something Swedish and inexpensive for our 3 1/2 year old grandson (and also a toy car). Mission accomplished. Alcro Car.jpgForskoner Car.jpg

I am not sure of the car numbers. Appreciate if anyone can identify. The sales ticket shows 17525 Svensk vit Kylvagn and Alcro forskoner rong spelling. I was told that Marklin shipped the first 100 cars with a spelling error and we have one of them.

Regards
Harvey
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Harvey
Offline blid  
#2 Posted : 23 May 2023 15:25:05(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Hi Harvey,

The cars may have belonged to me.
The Alcro is 4481. “The paint that protects and beautifies”. The correct spelling is “förskönar”. An a and not an e. To a Swede it sounds Norwegian with the “e”.

The Expressen is Sondermodell 4415 (94709). ”Expressen” is a dayly Swedish evening newspaper.

blid
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by blid
Offline Harvey  
#3 Posted : 24 May 2023 14:39:32(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Blid

Amazing coincidence.

Odd that when I search on those car numbers I come up with different images. Does Marklin repeat numbers?

Harvey
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 24 May 2023 21:10:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Harvey Go to Quoted Post
Blid

Amazing coincidence.

Odd that when I search on those car numbers I come up with different images. Does Marklin repeat numbers?

Harvey

The 4415 and 4485 series wagons have a whole heap of 4415.xyz style numbers ex-factory to identify them in the factory. Kolls katalog also assign the 93xxx numbers where 94 signifies it was produced in 1994 and the xxx is a serial number he assigns as the xxx'th wagon design for that year.

To properly identify them you need a Kolls katalog - but even then he doesn't have a full list of the wagons produced.
Offline bph  
#5 Posted : 24 May 2023 22:31:06(UTC)
bph

Norway   
this Swedish site gives a good overview of Swedish Marklin models (including other Nordic and USA models):
http://www.lekohobby.com
http://www.lekohobby.com/godsvagnar.htm