Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gregor  
#1 Posted : 19 April 2023 11:40:27(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
I have bought the IC2 set loc 37449 + coaches 43486-43490, a very nice consist.

Unfortunately Märklin failed to tune the decoder settings of the loc and the cab control car to each other. If you allocate the same address to the cab control car and the loc, the lights change nicely with direction, but functions F1 to F4 have different effects in loc and the coaches.

I therefore wanted to remap F1-F4 in the loc to the unused numbers F24-F27 to make the conflict disappear. I have the following tools to do this:

mSD3 decoder tool: this gives the message that it cannot change a factory installed decoder

Lokprogrammer via DCC protocol: I can read and change individual CVs but when trying to retrieve the decoder settings it says “Unsupported decoder”

Intellibox 1: Not yet tried, as I always could get any job done with one of the methods above

There should be a way to change the mapping via entering individual CVs, but where can I find documentation? What I found so far only deals with functions up to F12.

Plan B is to allocate different addresses and link them via the control software, but I prefer to treat the whole train set as one with only one address.

Best regards,
Gregor

Edited by user 19 April 2023 17:11:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2023 11:53:03(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Gregor Go to Quoted Post
There should be a way to change the mapping via entering individual CVs, but where can I find documentation?
There are several PDF files published by Märklin explaining things.

Problem is: modern decoders use tables for function mapping and each row in the table can react to any function key.
You have to read all rows CV by CV to find the relevant row. Then it should be easy to assign a different function key.

Best option probably is getting your hands on a CS2 or CS3 to make the changes there. Friends, club member, anybody you know?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Gregor  
#3 Posted : 19 April 2023 17:10:54(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Found a suitable PDF with the table values, but not the way to proceed. That I found on the stummiforum,this page. This page also contains the link to the proper pdf.

Bit fiddly indeed, but it worked.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Gregor
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 19 April 2023 18:38:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Gregor Go to Quoted Post

Intellibox 1: Not yet tried, as I always could get any job done with one of the methods above

There should be a way to change the mapping via entering individual CVs, but where can I find documentation? What I found so far only deals with functions up to F12.

Plan B is to allocate different addresses and link them via the control software, but I prefer to treat the whole train set as one with only one address.

Best regards,
Gregor

As you have an Intellibox I suggest you get a copy of JMRI onto your favourite PC or laptop and try using the GUI interface available there to sort out the mapping. I know the marklin decoders are defined in the current version of JMRI as far as the available documentation describes them.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Gregor  
#5 Posted : 20 April 2023 12:26:07(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Thanks Alan, but I already managed it by changing individual CVs and I learned something in the process.

I just find it a bit strange that Märklin offers the full sound project on their website for free, but does not allow to change anything on the factory installed decoder via the decoder tool. If function mapping can be changed via the manual way, why not offer this functionality much easier via the tool?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gregor