Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline bph  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2023 18:58:39(UTC)
bph

Norway   
The mDecoderTool has received an update, including decoder firmware to v3.3.0.x

Version v3.6.0 can be downloaded using the software or from: https://www.maerklin.de/de/service/downloads/neu-nachruest-decoder-mld3msd3/mdecodertool-mdt3

CHANGELOG
Version 3.6.0 - 15.03.2023
- Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports the sound CVs and parameters of the equalizer of a sound
decoder mSD3, for new projects, convert existing projects to get the equalizer CVs
- Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports the new data structure (fds) v4 in gauge H0/1/G mLD3/mSD3
from decoder v3.3.0.0, downward compatible
- Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mSD3 H0 gauge with PluX22 interface with RailCom
- Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mSD3 H0 gauge with 21MTC interface with RailCom
- Improvement: Due to the new equalizer CVs, the display of the CVs with unit or factor changed
generally and uniformly
- Improvement: Generally changed the alignment of the CVs on the left and on the right (fold-out/fold-in)
side uniformly
- Bugfix: Value range of DCC traction address in decoder templates corrected
- Bugfix: The dropdown lists Motor Type, Analog Controller and Controller Type were extended by their
already entered elements after each drag and drop of sounds and refresh of the view
- Bugfix: A decoder or a sound module on the sound programmer (60801) could not play its "beep"
response completely after programming, because the voltage was switched off too early

Decoder Firmware Version: 3.3.0.4 (14 November 2022)
Feature: New CV258 in the index area CV31=17 CV32=0 provides the number of the next free function assignment
Feature: The PID controller can deliver more power to the motor in load situations
Improvement: Braking is now active during emergency stops.
Bugfix: Error where some locomotives stopped abruptly during constant braking was fixed
Bugfix: Output mode "Neon" no longer interferes with other outputs
Bugfix: The DCC-ACK pulse when reading SUSI-CVs is now generated correctly
Bugfix: Improvement in mfx reception and structure
Bugfix: A bug where the configuration was aborted at the CS2 was fixed
Bugfix: Writing of CV900 with value 8 is now correctly passed on to a connected SUSI sound module (restore factory settings)
Bugfix: Error in output behaviour corrected if switch-on and switch-off delay was configured in an output at the same time
Bugfix: Fixed a bug that prevented tests on the tool when mfx was deactivated.
Bugfix: When the decoder wakes up in DCC, the functions F29, F30 and F31 are switched off if they were active
Bugfix: Error corrected, which prevented the correct function of an output in the mode "buffer mode
Bugfix: Error in buffer mode with uncontrolled motor corrected
Bugfix: If bypass distance of 0 is configured, the buffer is now bypassed until it is empty.
Bugfix: Error when stopping in braking distance fixed
Bugfix: Error corrected that prevented reading CV19 after it was set.
Bugfix: Fixed bug that prevented writing CV19 to 0 if it was not 0.
Bugfix: Filtering for constant braking distance improved.
Bugfix: Error in constant braking distance fixed.
Bugfix: Error in stopping distance in buffer mode fixed.
Maintenance: The start-up control was revised
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 06 April 2023 20:04:37(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
The mDecoderTool has received an update, including decoder firmware to v3.3.0.x

Version v3.6.0 can be downloaded using the software or from: https://www.maerklin.de/de/service/downloads/neu-nachruest-decoder-mld3msd3/mdecodertool-mdt3

Thanks for posting the link. Note that the link on that page for the English manual has some extraneous letters on the end of the link, and it reports a 404 error.

The correct link is https://streaming.maerkl...DecoderTool3_A5_v360.pdf
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline einotuominen  
#3 Posted : 07 April 2023 17:17:17(UTC)
einotuominen

Finland   
Equalizer. Damn. That’s what I’ve wanted since the diesel running sounds are very high pitched.

Just a lot of work to pull out the decoders once again. I’m afraid I’ll eventually brake something Mellow

-Eino
Offline bph  
#4 Posted : 08 April 2023 17:04:28(UTC)
bph

Norway   
note the mDecoderTool new features:
Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mSD3 H0 gauge with PluX22 interface with RailCom
Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mSD3 H0 gauge with 21MTC interface with RailCom

it seems like none of the "old" decoders has received firmware updates with RailCom support, but there are (at least) 3 new decoders with RailCom support and 3.3.0.4 is their first firmware. (1 regular msd3 and two with PluX22). And one PluX22 decoder is listed as an mSD3 decoder and a "Nachrüstdecoder" (379408)

Programming of an mSD3 PluX22 decoder will likely have to be done on track through a cs3/2, or with the USB interface using the decoder tester.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline diavolino  
#5 Posted : 08 April 2023 19:14:55(UTC)
diavolino

Italy   
I would like to update a locomotive with this firmware, but the CS3 does not show this firmware version in the loco update page (still shows version 3.2.0).
Is it possible to transfer the firmware from the mDecoderTool to the CS3? I think it is stored in the maerklin library in the windows documents folder.
Or can I update the firmware using the mDeciderTool through the CS3 (I don’t have the decoder programmer article 60971)?

Any instruction or link to tutorial would be really appreciated.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 08 April 2023 20:54:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mSD3 H0 gauge with PluX22 interface with RailCom
Feature: The mDecoderTool3 supports mSD3 H0 gauge with 21MTC interface with RailCom

it seems like none of the "old" decoders has received firmware updates with RailCom support, but there are (at least) 3 new decoders with RailCom support and 3.3.0.4 is their first firmware. (1 regular msd3 and two with PluX22). And one PluX22 decoder is listed as an mSD3 decoder and a "Nachrüstdecoder" (379408)

Programming of an mSD3 PluX22 decoder will likely have to be done on track through a cs3/2, or with the USB interface using the decoder tester.

I noticed the two new decoder interfaces - I suspect this is moving towards fitting msd/3 decoders into Minitrix items as well as having a more universal set of decoders that will fit any loco.

Interestingly I was watching Sams Trains review of the new Hornby Bluetooth/DCC decoders. I don't think they are going to take over the world, although they do seem to have 30 functions available.

Offline bph  
#7 Posted : 08 April 2023 23:28:25(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: diavolino Go to Quoted Post
I would like to update a locomotive with this firmware, but the CS3 does not show this firmware version in the loco update page (still shows version 3.2.0).
Is it possible to transfer the firmware from the mDecoderTool to the CS3? I think it is stored in the maerklin library in the windows documents folder.
Or can I update the firmware using the mDeciderTool through the CS3 (I don’t have the decoder programmer article 60971)?

Any instruction or link to tutorial would be really appreciated.

Marklin is due to release a new software update for the cs3, in the near future, and the decoder firmware updates will probably be included with the update.
Offline bph  
#8 Posted : 08 April 2023 23:52:12(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

I noticed the two new decoder interfaces - I suspect this is moving towards fitting msd/3 decoders into Minitrix items as well as having a more universal set of decoders that will fit any loco.

Interestingly I was watching Sams Trains review of the new Hornby Bluetooth/DCC decoders. I don't think they are going to take over the world, although they do seem to have 30 functions available.

Could it possibly be one N scale decoder and one HO PluX22 ? since they have two "spare part" numbers? the mDecoderTool has a new blank HO mSD3 PluX22 Railcom project. And it seems with more aux outputs vs mtc21

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph