Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mmervine  
#1 Posted : 29 March 2023 14:37:37(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
This is a set being produced by Hornby/Jouef for the Swiss market. I had ordered this from Bahnorama when the set was announced in 2021. Dealers have recently started receiving this set and, yesterday, I was contacted by Bahnorama. They have determined that the AC set shorts on Marklin slim and curved turnouts. Since my mainline has both of these types of switches, they offered to cancel my order.

Disappointing, but good to know before hand. I wanted to post this in the event that anyone else has this set on order.

Mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mmervine
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 29 March 2023 14:55:50(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I follow Carrera modelismo in Chaisso, and they posted yesterday that their order for the Marklin SBB Giruno is in transit. I preordered in January 2022, but from Lippe Detmold.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 29 March 2023 16:15:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have seen a number of models where issues with shorting on switch tracks were resolved by swapping out the slider for a different one.
For example, my Lima Expert RABe 503/ETR 610 works much better with a Brawa Silencio slider than it did with the Lima offered one.

I presume that the Jouef TGV may use the same slider as the one offered by partner Lima, but I don't know if that is the issue with this model.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 30 March 2023 01:48:43(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Mike
Like other friends before me, I think if you like the set you can take it and work / replace the slider.
There are no structural reasons for the trains not to be accepted on Märklin points and DSSs.
One of my brand new Märklin locos (39650 BR 65) was not working on a triple point and this was related to a manufacturing issue I corrected on the slider.

The slider width is critical (must be like Märklin's to be safe) and they must retract to at least 1 mm above the rail top surface.

The shorts on the slim curved points on Märklin C tracks have been corrected by Märklin since a few years now (using a sort of moustache around the studs to present wheels to touch studs).
I corrected this kind of issue with a bit of thin heath shrink tube (1 mm dia. or less). This is more discreete too.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB