Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rugauger  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2023 16:42:57(UTC)
rugauger

United Kingdom   
Friends - I need your help!

I have two MS2s and accidentally started an update on one of them. As a result, the other unit is now "dead" - the screen goes blue for 3 seconds, then turns off, then blue again, and so on.
I believe there's a way of resetting an MS2 from a CS2 or CS3, but I have neither (I only have the two MS2s). Apparently you hold down the red button whilst connecting to the CS...

Would someone out there with a CS2/3, preferably in the UK, be able to help me get the MS2 reset? Of course, I'd pay for postage (and a beverage of your choice Wink )!

Thanks,
Rich
Richard
Offline Nigel Packer  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2023 18:05:17(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rugauger Go to Quoted Post

I have two MS2s and accidentally started an update on one of them. As a result, the other unit is now "dead" - the screen goes blue for 3 seconds, then turns off, then blue again, and so on.
I believe there's a way of resetting an MS2 from a CS2 or CS3, but I have neither (I only have the two MS2s). Apparently you hold down the red button whilst connecting to the CS...

Would someone out there with a CS2/3, preferably in the UK, be able to help me get the MS2 reset? Of course, I'd pay for postage (and a beverage of your choice Wink )!

Thanks,
Rich

I can help, but I'm in Cheshire. If you don't get an offer from somebody closer to you, you are welcome to post your MS2s to me to look at.

I'd give it a day or two to see if you get a better offer!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2023 18:12:41(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rugauger Go to Quoted Post

Thanks,
Rich

I can certainly give a hand, and I'm somewhat closer than Nigel. I could bring my cs2 around at some point.
Offline rugauger  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2023 17:04:55(UTC)
rugauger

United Kingdom   
Thank you, both! I'll be in touch!

Rich
Richard