Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 20 January 2023 12:44:58(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
On the CS3 article list there is a box below the article for a description. The box is normally white with any black writing.
For some reason mine has now changed to a grey colour box making it slightly more difficult to read. I presume I must have changed this in error but have no idea how to get it back to normal.
Bit of a daft question but just interested to know how this happened and how it get back.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 20 January 2023 14:01:06(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Odd! I havn't experienced it, yet. I wonder why at times when a mouse click or drag turns the item blue? It always goes back to white though, by clicking outside it. This happens to me on other devices as well. Notibly on Google maps, but then the script stays blue.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 20 January 2023 14:24:12(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi David
Not sure what is the cause of your problem. Never happened to my CS3 60226 since 2 years I have it.
I would suggest to:
- make a back-up, preferably on a separate memory (I use a 32 GB memory card slid into the CS3)
- connect the CS3 to the internet and call for an online update.

Very often, the CS3 files are cleaned and this may solve your problem.

An other way is to restore the CS3 to its empty status by invoking leer (means empty in German) BUT ONLY AFTER HAVING MADE A BACK-UP.
Then restore your own files and you should be OK
Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 20 January 2023 16:29:01(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Jean. Thanks for information. My CS3 Plus is around 8 years old and has not been updated. My PC is not in the same room so a USB stick would be the way to go. However I am not keen to proceed with that as it may cause more problems. I still think I must have touched on something when adding a turnout to the list and from then any new article comes up with a grey background.
Its not a major problem and was just interested as to how it happened. Only new items added have this with the original still with a white background.
My computer skills are limited to the world of finance hence other than some events I like to drive my trains and dont use other software etc.
All best
David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar