Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kvponkshe  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2022 09:58:22(UTC)
kvponkshe

India   
Hello All,
I'm new in this hobby.I am from India and purchased one TRIX 25491 Steam locomotive from BWBHAN.De. The parcel reached me in ok condition.

When I run the locomotive, I observerd that one of the tendor light is not glowing. Please see the video here below on the gogle drive link.

https://drive.google.com...Wdep/view?usp=share_link

I emailed BWBHAN to mention the problem, but it appears they forwarded it to TRIX.There is no reply from BWBHAN and TRIX yet.

I also observerd that the loco does not have all wheel pickups, as it gets stopped on my scissor crossover.

My query is below:

1. Is tendor light is replacable ?
2. Does all the wheel have pickups of this TRIX 25491?
3. It is very difficult to send back the loco to Germany to TRIX or BWBHAN as the shipping and customs taxes are very high in Inida. What can be done at my end to fix the issue?

Warm Regards
Kaustubh Ponkshe
kv1ponkshe@gmail.com
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 08 November 2022 19:29:21(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Model: The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive light and sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, in the boiler. Three axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and the tender are constructed mostly of metal. The locomotive has a factory-installed smoke unit. Triple headlights on the locomotive and the tender, which change over with the direction of travel, and the built-in smoke unit will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The emergency light on the smoke box door can be controlled separately in digital operation. Cab lighting and firebox flickering can also be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. There is an adjustable close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. There is a close coupler with a guide mechanism and an NEM pocket on the tender. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". There are various separately applied details such as steps, brake hoses, piping, and imitation prototype couplers included.
Length over the buffers approximately 24.5 cm / 9-5/8".

175 Years of Railroading in Denmark.

This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39491.

https://static.maerklin....de86fdcd4d1639638922.pdf

https://static.maerklin....d974cc07371650952856.pdf

I am sorry but I am not finding any information / settings that can turn on that R/Rear light for you.
D.A.Banks
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 08 November 2022 20:17:47(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Don't know why Dave posted all that from the web site. Looking at the video there is clearly a hardware fault with the LED associated with that lamp. I suspect that all the LEDs will be on a single circuit board, so it is most probably a faulty LED or faulty solder joint on that LED.

Unfortunately I can't make out from the parts list that Dave posted the link to just where the LEDs are, but I suspect that are on the motherboard that the decoder plugs into (typically no part number is given, but it is the item held down in the tender by the screw labelled 16), and then i think there are plastic light pipes to take the light to the lamps. You can see one of these light pipes running up the back wall of the tender to the top lamp (item 20).

To start with take the top off the tender and see if you can look under the circuit board. By being careful, and using some clip leads to supply the track signal to the loco you should be able to see if all the LEDs are operating. My suspicion is that one of the light pipes may have become dislodged, and would be worth checking before going too far.
Offline Dave Banks  
#4 Posted : 08 November 2022 22:19:10(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Alan the parts list is very vague & not showing all. One should be able to see the offending item immediately but one cannot. So I posted all i could find on it. It is a very nice looking loco. I fear this one is bound to go back to the dealer.
D.A.Banks
Offline eduard71  
#5 Posted : 14 November 2022 13:56:18(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hello Kaustubh,

Actually a friend of mine that also has this locomotive showed the same problem, one of the tender lights does not turn on. I inspected the tender and actually the three leds are connected trough wires so it is possobe that one of the wires is not connected in aproper way, or you have a faulty led. Since it is not a circuit you could review if all wires are connected to the mother board of the tender. It is not an easy task so my reccomendation will be to send it back to Marklin since it is on waranty. Probably will be a long jorney due distance and Marklin time to do repairs.

Regards

Eduardo
Offline kvponkshe  
#6 Posted : 15 November 2022 08:07:23(UTC)
kvponkshe

India   
Thanks DAve Banks for details.
Thanks kiwiAlan.
Thank you eduard71 for update.

The latest update is I received update from the seller to send the loco back to TRIX in Germany. SO I contacted TRIX via email. I am waiting for their reply. Looks they are overloaded.

The probelm is shipping to Germnay and back to India after repair. The cost is high. Not sure TRIX will bear it. Also once landed in India, there are customs people I need to tackle with. They hardly get convince that this is repaire item and may apply taxes as new purchase. Further there are again chances that tender light will get fixed and something new problem may occure in transit. I had this experiance with Hornby before.

Let us wait for TRIX reply.

Most possibly I need to accept it as it is.

Will keep here posted.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 15 November 2022 20:24:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kvponkshe Go to Quoted Post
Also once landed in India, there are customs people I need to tackle with. They hardly get convince that this is repaire item and may apply taxes as new purchase.

Can you not get a refund of taxes already paid when exporting the item, or some declaration about export for warranty repair?

Offline kvponkshe  
#8 Posted : 16 November 2022 05:40:34(UTC)
kvponkshe

India   
@kiwiAlan- Sender need to share one letter saying that this is repaire item and not the new purchase. Then Indian customs considers it generally.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#9 Posted : 16 November 2022 13:10:16(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Dear All
Checking on the Trix 25491 model I get this information:
- the LEDs for the Tender headlights are directly on the main PCB (alas not available as spare parts)
- it happened to me on a few models that the LEDs have a weak connection (Usaully, when pressing gently with an isolated tip on the LED while power is ON, it lights up. In this case, to repair calls for special SMD soldering station with air pump. Maybe an electronics professional nearby can help?
- regarding customs, you need to check what to provide them to avoid paying twice import duties (When you purchase and when the repaired objects comes back).
- Otherwise, shipment costs + second import duties makes the warranty useless I think.

Cheers
Jean
Offline eduard71  
#10 Posted : 16 November 2022 20:44:43(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Dear All
Checking on the Trix 25491 model I get this information:
- the LEDs for the Tender headlights are directly on the main PCB (alas not available as spare parts)
- it happened to me on a few models that the LEDs have a weak connection (Usaully, when pressing gently with an isolated tip on the LED while power is ON, it lights up. In this case, to repair calls for special SMD soldering station with air pump. Maybe an electronics professional nearby can help?
- regarding customs, you need to check what to provide them to avoid paying twice import duties (When you purchase and when the repaired objects comes back).
- Otherwise, shipment costs + second import duties makes the warranty useless I think.

Cheers
Jean

Hi,
I have the model and the leds are wired from the PCB to each lamp in the tender. So the problem could be the wire connection or the led it self. Wired leds are available in the market, actually the size is smd 402. They can be found in ebay and amazon. The only problem will be the intensity of the light that could not match the other two wired leds. The good thing is that you will not need a special SMD air pump since it is wired.

regards
Offline kvponkshe  
#11 Posted : 23 November 2022 09:35:21(UTC)
kvponkshe

India   
Update :

Hi,
Marklin asked me to send the loco to Germany. India to Germany cost needs to beared by me and return from Germany to India will be paid by Marklin. The cost to ship to Germany is around 5000 INR. Also Marklin did not conformed which courier service they will use. If they use DHL which is official postal service in Germany I believe, it will land in Indian Postal Service once landed in India. Again customs clearance is the issue. Sorry to say, but Indian Postal team handles the parcels brutally. I am worried if the LED problem resolves , any other problem may arise in transport.

Considering all these points above, it does not looks good decision to send the loco back to Germany. Rather I need to accpet this as it is leaving it to my unfortune.