Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rytter  
#1 Posted : 10 September 2022 23:58:11(UTC)
rytter

Denmark   
Hi,
I have a Märklin MaK SBB delta locomotive (33642) that I am looking to install s mLD/3 decoder in (60983).

I a few questions though.
- As this locomotive has a center maxxon motor, should I still solder a capacitor (E600800) and two inductors (E516520) to the engine, just as I would a new 5-pole motor?
- When the decoder has been installed, what CV 52 value (engine type) should be programmed?

UserPostedImage
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 11 September 2022 12:47:39(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 11 September 2022 14:58:57(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: rytter Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I have a Märklin MaK SBB delta locomotive (33642) that I am looking to install s mLD/3 decoder in (60983).

- As this locomotive has a center maxxon motor, should I still solder a capacitor (E600800) and two inductors (E516520) to the engine, just as I would a new 5-pole motor?
- When the decoder has been installed, what CV 52 value (engine type) should be programmed?

UserPostedImage

Hi rytter
Welcome to this great forum. A first name would be perfect.

The motor setting on a Märklin decoder DC hard, DC soft is not very clear (I just checked on the Stummi Forum, the most important German Moba forum).

So the procedure is to set DC Hard (if you feel strong pole attraction on the motor) or DC soft(weak pole attraction or helicoidal rotor) by setting CV52 to resp. 6 and 5 (see page 40 of attached manual)

Then ask the decoder to set itself the parameters ideally on a wide radius track circle see page 30 of the following users manual
The mSD3 manual (also true for mLD3)

https://static.maerklin....df35a8d6611660728419.pdf
The decoder will self adjust automatically.
If you are not sure of the correct positionning, then set the CV52 (page 40 of manual to the other value on CV 52 (hard, soft)
Then all works like a charm
Cheers
Jean
Offline bph  
#4 Posted : 11 September 2022 22:57:38(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: rytter Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Hi, and welcome
Recommend that you check what motor type it is. I suspect it is coreless motor (bell type/glockenanker)
What part number(s) are written on the Maxon motor ? do you have a picture?

If it is a coreless motor, then the cv52 setting: 4 bell anchor type motor, might be the best setting. (and remember to do the Automatic Calibration)

regarding capacitor and inductors (chokes), I'm no expert, but what I have done is to follow Märklin, e.g. if there are none originally then I have not added during the upgrade on Maxon and Faulhaber motors etc. Others might have more expert advice.
Offline rytter  
#5 Posted : 11 September 2022 23:23:32(UTC)
rytter

Denmark   
Hi all and thanks for the replies.
I have found through some google research that the motor is a glockenanker type, so that takes care of that. I will solder on the capacitor and inductors and see how it runs, as they are for electric noise cancellation I dont think it will have adverse effects on the motor.
Now I just need the parts and I am good to go for converting the lokomotive.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rytter
bph