Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ausland  
#1 Posted : 02 September 2022 19:28:33(UTC)
ausland

United States   
Fellow Marklin enthusiasts. I've had Marklin since 1955 and for years in the 80's/90's I was a full service authorized Marklin Handler in US. However, life changes in more ways than one. 20 odd years ago I met this little slip of a thing whilst in Moskau for business. After two years of courtship we married. She did not want to come to US so I came to her. Where we live doesn't matter but it ain't Moskau, that madhouse of a city far north of us.

However, I'm not young, read aging, and I have an illness that will eventually do me in. So be it. It is impossible to send the entire collection here so I've decided to sell it off. Prices will be Kolls or less. Anything listed will be NIB or Excellent, the vast majority NIB. Everything was test run on delivery to me way back when and everything will be test run at warehouse as I type.

I did bring some items here during the back and forth stages and VCO (Victor Charlie Oscar, Vertically Challenged One, my 4'9 bride of 20 years) really likes the Trix old timers and such so over time I'll continue to have that sent here. The collection is stored in temperature and humidity controlled conditions in my US warehouse locate right outside of DC in Maryland. Some boxes are a little shelf worn and if so it's noted in the list. All shipments will be from warehouse, properly and safely packaged.

If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll send the list of items available. It's rather long, 39 locos and 25 sets. Deliveries to US only. if any of the few Hamo items manage to slip through in the lists, ignore them, they will come here with time. Parcels from US take 3 months to wend there way to our little village and sometimes longer going the other way.

Kindest regards,
Ausland

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by ausland
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 03 September 2022 14:16:19(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Oh my! Sorry about your illness. Your location is in Crimea, where a key military base is, so you might be an American Vet? I didn't know you can ship to or from the Ukrane currently. Shops in Europe will not, nor to Russia.
I'd get stateside as soon as possible. Your wife should too.
Offline ausland  
#3 Posted : 04 September 2022 09:12:33(UTC)
ausland

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Oh my! Sorry about your illness. Your location is in Crimea, where a key military base is, so you might be an American Vet? I didn't know you can ship to or from the Ukrane currently. Shops in Europe will not, nor to Russia.
I'd get stateside as soon as possible. Your wife should too.

Krimea is not Ukraine since 24 February 2014 and technically it never was part of that entity. Embassy in Kiev refused for her a visitor's visa several times and besides,she was born and raised in Sevastopol, her father was a Field Grade in Russian Army, so this charming and rather bucolic huge village is home. I've been here for almost 20 years. Whatever altercation is going on up north does not affect us in the least. Our shops are bulging with product and local government has instituted draconian price controls and woe betide any shop or magazine that violates them. My wife is half Slav and half Tatar so the nexus of Tatari is only a 20 minute drive from our digs. Tatari have vast holdings of hot houses so we get fresh veggies and meats daily all year to all the local shops plus we go to Bahxchisarai every couple weeks to load up. She speaks fluent Tatari plus fluent English so commo with them is no problem.

As stated, the entire collection is stored in my warehouse in US, Maryland right outside of DC to be exact. We ship back and forth all the time, I make transmissions for RC tanks locally and ship them to warehouse. Takes a while, generally over two months. All shipments will be from the warehouse in MD, US only (please remember, the only absolute is there are no absolutes. Canada is possible.). Marklin items are normally shipped in two to three days after payment, everything has to be inspected and tested before shipment in US Post. Prices, Kolls is a guide only and it's quite possible some items will go on ebay US and if so the prices will be roughly from ebay. My warehouse boss will, and does, handle that end.

Ausland

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ausland
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 04 September 2022 14:58:01(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Didn't they (Russia) sieze Crimea a decade or so ago to gain control of the port and gas supplies?
Offline ausland  
#5 Posted : 04 September 2022 18:24:55(UTC)
ausland

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Didn't they (Russia) sieze Crimea a decade or so ago to gain control of the port and gas supplies?

Not true but this forum is no place to discuss this in depth. I'll PM you with what really happened, witnessed eyes on as it happened.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ausland