Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline georgi UK  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2022 19:21:12(UTC)
georgi UK

United Kingdom   
Joined: 19/05/2022(UTC)
Posts: 11
Location: England, Greatworth
Hello, just interested where you guys get Z back-scenes?, I mailed Noch about a year ago and didn't hear back,,,,, I'm looking for a winter/snow/alpine scene,,,,

Thanks.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by georgi UK
Offline zscalehobo  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2022 20:59:20(UTC)
zscalehobo

United States   
Joined: 22/01/2014(UTC)
Posts: 183
Location: CALIFORNIA, Irvine
Noch does offer them (at least to dealers) but I couldn't imagine a DE to UK transit. The items are too rigid to roll or fold. As a dealer - I took delivery of a bunch of each (winter / spring) but they had to ship together with large layouts ... Shipping within the US has also posed a challenge in spite of buying nifty $5 specialty boxes just for the poster item.

Faller makes some backdrops and they can be safely rolled into shipping tubes. Check their site.

There are other makers as well....search "modelleisenbahn hintergrund" at your favorite search engine.
Frank Daniels
Owner - z.scale.hobo
A Noch "Top Dealer"
Marklin Dealer and Z Locomotive Service
Irvine, California, USA
www.zscalehobo.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by zscalehobo
Offline Toosmall  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2022 22:42:44(UTC)
Toosmall

Australia   
Joined: 26/07/2021(UTC)
Posts: 233
Location: Sydney
Can you print your own or take a file to a printing shop. Even if you only have an A4 printer, overlapping an image a few mm across as many A4 pages, cut joins with a scalpel, it should work out ok.

I have never used the feature but my A3+ laser printer will print up to over a metre length.

Even most inkjet printers will do a longer print. So with an A4 printer you will have 210mm width with a length of about a metre, look at the manual. Cut down an A3 or A3+ to 210mm wide for a few less joins.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Toosmall
Offline Zme  
#4 Posted : 27 July 2022 01:42:53(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Joined: 02/10/2013(UTC)
Posts: 547
Location: West Texas
Hello, hope you are well.

I believe this graphic services company was listed in Trainini a while back.

I looked over their offerings and did not see a winter backdrop. You may have to ask for a custom job, or perhaps they have some images on file you could use for winter.

I have never purchased from this vendor, but I think a Trainini mention would be reliable. Might be pricey, but for a once in a lifetime purchase, it might be worth it.

It is hard to find vendors which state they produce z scale backdrops. Here is a link to contact this company.

https://www.atelier-diet...ier/impressum/index.html

If you want to look over what they have.

https://www.atelier-diet...llbauatelier/page13.html

If you use this vendor, please let’s us know how it works out.

I also found this site which says it can produce z scale backdrops. It is challenge to navigate this site, but might be considered a source. I haven’t used this one either.

http://www.backdropwarehouse.com/PRODUCTS.htm

Best wishes.

Thanks,

Dwight

Edited by user 27 July 2022 05:59:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Zme
Offline georgi UK  
#5 Posted : 27 July 2022 17:31:04(UTC)
georgi UK

United Kingdom   
Joined: 19/05/2022(UTC)
Posts: 11
Location: England, Greatworth
Originally Posted by: zscalehobo Go to Quoted Post
Noch does offer them (at least to dealers) but I couldn't imagine a DE to UK transit. The items are too rigid to roll or fold. As a dealer - I took delivery of a bunch of each (winter / spring) but they had to ship together with large layouts ... Shipping within the US has also posed a challenge in spite of buying nifty $5 specialty boxes just for the poster item.

Faller makes some backdrops and they can be safely rolled into shipping tubes. Check their site.

There are other makers as well....search "modelleisenbahn hintergrund" at your favorite search engine.


Thanks for the info, I will take a look. When I contacted Noch I showed interest in their briefcase back-scenes as this is perfect but to no avail,,,,, thanks again.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by georgi UK
Offline georgi UK  
#6 Posted : 27 July 2022 17:36:10(UTC)
georgi UK

United Kingdom   
Joined: 19/05/2022(UTC)
Posts: 11
Location: England, Greatworth
Originally Posted by: Zme Go to Quoted Post
Hello, hope you are well.

I believe this graphic services company was listed in Trainini a while back.

I looked over their offerings and did not see a winter backdrop. You may have to ask for a custom job, or perhaps they have some images on file you could use for winter.

I have never purchased from this vendor, but I think a Trainini mention would be reliable. Might be pricey, but for a once in a lifetime purchase, it might be worth it.

It is hard to find vendors which state they produce z scale backdrops. Here is a link to contact this company.

https://www.atelier-diet...ier/impressum/index.html

If you want to look over what they have.

https://www.atelier-diet...llbauatelier/page13.html

If you use this vendor, please let’s us know how it works out.

I also found this site which says it can produce z scale backdrops. It is challenge to navigate this site, but might be considered a source. I haven’t used this one either.

http://www.backdropwarehouse.com/PRODUCTS.htm

Best wishes.

Thanks,

Dwight


Great info! many thanks,,,, getting spoiled for choice, brilliant site here!

Offline Zme  
#7 Posted : 27 July 2022 19:38:58(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Joined: 02/10/2013(UTC)
Posts: 547
Location: West Texas
Hello, hope all is well.

There are some great possible sources. let us know how it works, should you select one. I got mine from Ebay. It is a Faller, and it has been okay. It is like wallpaper in many respects, real thick paper type, but I noticed, at times it will bubble a bit and the multiple sheets show the seam if you are not careful.

Thanks

Dwight
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Zme
Offline georgi UK  
#8 Posted : 10 August 2022 17:27:59(UTC)
georgi UK

United Kingdom   
Joined: 19/05/2022(UTC)
Posts: 11
Location: England, Greatworth
Settled for this one = https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283910705512 which will do for now! says N gauge but I will trim it to suit,,,,
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by georgi UK
Offline Toosmall  
#9 Posted : 11 August 2022 06:33:35(UTC)
Toosmall

Australia   
Joined: 26/07/2021(UTC)
Posts: 233
Location: Sydney
3M Super 77 is the best spray glue, I have used lots of it over the years, cans aren't cheap but they go forever. Also very useful if making your own trees out of Nandina (after berries have fallen off) & foam swarf.

You only get one go to get it right. Best to lay in on the backing board, fine tune positioning, weigh half the width down and then roll up the other half to the centre. Spray glue onto board, then roll out and tack down as you go to minimise bubbles. Then repeat for the other half of the roll. Some over spray paper on the bench makes cleaning up a lot easier.

Best to practice first on a dummy sheet of paper and backing so you don't bugger up the real thing.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Toosmall
Offline Mark5  
#10 Posted : 12 August 2022 06:09:37(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Joined: 29/01/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,201
Location: Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by: georgi UK Go to Quoted Post
Settled for this one = https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283910705512 which will do for now! says N gauge but I will trim it to suit,,,,



Great choice imho. I personally like simple backgrounds that don't overwhelm the real show in the foreground.
Would love to see how you integrate that with your winter layout.

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1955-65, fan of V200, electrics and steam, so hard to narrow down...
...signaling systems, yard traffic and shunting, Sommerfeldt catenary,
and station architecture (esp. stations from 1920-70).
In process: a new modular layout, track planning and drawing benchwork.
Email anytime or chat live: https://discord.gg/jAEKyTWQPQ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2022, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.728 seconds.