Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kiwiAlan  
#1 Posted : 22 July 2022 13:39:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I was idly researching the location of the Wehra Railway Bridge that shows a picture of the prototype for the 2022 Second Insider model, with a view to one day maybe visiting it myself on a trip to Germany.

i came across this page on the construction of the bridge and at the end it includes a couple of pictures of the bridge in a rather dilapidated state as of 2003. Unfortunately the railway line was closed a fair time ago (last passenger train in 1971), but there are investigations to see if it can be revitalised.

The link above came from this front page of the Wehra Valley Railway support group. Unfortunately it looks like there has been minimal activity (if any) on the pages for around 10 years, judging by the update dates.

There is an interesting reason for a derailment in Wehr station in 1985 ...

Ah, well, as our US friends would say, another Fallen Flag ... Crying Crying Crying

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Toosmall  
#2 Posted : 22 July 2022 15:09:46(UTC)
Toosmall

Australia   
Over the decades have spent parts of holidays a little bit further north in and around St Blasien and Menzenschwand. Other half has friends there and lived there for a period, unfortunately they are falling off the perch. The whole area around there is really nice. Bought a few Z trains in St Blasien many decades ago but the shop has long gone. You can't go wrong with holidaying in the area to get away from busy cities. I modeled my layout loosely on this area. My station and town centre is called Aha, it's somewhat larger than the actual Aha station.

_MG_7643_031125.jpg
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Toosmall
Offline Mark5  
#3 Posted : 25 July 2022 19:23:28(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
I was idly researching the location of the Wehra Railway Bridge that shows a picture of the prototype for the 2022 Second Insider model, with a view to one day maybe visiting it myself on a trip to Germany.

i came across this page on the construction of the bridge and at the end it includes a couple of pictures of the bridge in a rather dilapidated state as of 2003. Unfortunately the railway line was closed a fair time ago (last passenger train in 1971), but there are investigations to see if it can be revitalised.

.....[...]...

Thank you for posting Alan. This photo of the E71 on the bridge warms my heart:
E7126Wehrabr1954.jpeg

I have this beauty in Roco analog and was thinking of putting in a decoder and slider, however... hmmm
...and btw from our train show shirt sales, we actually have quite a few left over T-shirts with the E71 emblazoned on it. If anyone is interested I could post a photo and have your sizes (if we have it still) sent in the mail.
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 25 July 2022 19:33:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

.....[...]...

Thank you for posting Alan. This photo of the E71 on the bridge warms my heart:
E7126Wehrabr1954.jpeg

I have this beauty in Roco analog and was thinking of putting in a decoder and slider, however... hmmm
...and btw from our train show shirt sales, we actually have quite a few left over T-shirts with the E71 emblazoned on it. If anyone is interested I could post a photo and have your sizes (if we have it still) sent in the mail.

I like the version of that photo that Marklin have as this months wallpaper, with the model set superimposed in colour on that sepia photo.

If you have an XXL shirt i could be interested. PM me if you have.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Mark5  
#5 Posted : 28 July 2022 05:46:59(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Ok Alan,

Here is an image of the E71 T-shirts we had made.
We only have a few left, but yes do have two left in 2XL (or XXL).

This was one of the more popular designs on white T-shirts that the little ladies sold at local train shows when the girls and I showed our layout.
The money went all to their projects and schooling.
I did the graphic design.

Its 100% cotton Gildan shirt with a soft-fabric DTG print. I have worn mine for years with minimal fading.
The sleeve print is done in silk screen as are the tote bags with a bigger image on it.

Here are the remaining sizes:

Adult
S - 2
S - 1 (Natural cotton not white, just this one)
L - 1
XL - 4
2XL - 2

Youth
M - 1
L - 3
XL - 1

E71-madchenbahnTshirt.jpgE71-madchenbahnTshirt-zoom.jpgE71-Sleeve-print_Madchenbahn.jpge-totebag-madchenbahn.jpg

Send me a PM if you are interested.
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5