Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline daveoZ  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2022 04:04:42(UTC)
daveoZ

United States   
Class V 36 Diesel Locomotive. Was contacted today that my order for the Class V 36 diesel was in stock. I had pre-ordered it a number of months ago and had been waiting. There were only 499 models of this locomotive produced, and it is sold out at the factory. It will make a nice addition to my other diesels.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by daveoZ
Offline zscalehobo  
#2 Posted : 09 July 2022 09:25:46(UTC)
zscalehobo

United States   
They run really well! Have fun
Frank Daniels
Owner - z.scale.hobo
A Noch "Top Dealer"
Marklin Dealer and Z Locomotive Service
Irvine, California, USA
www.zscalehobo.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by zscalehobo
Offline Schelly  
#3 Posted : 11 July 2022 07:20:09(UTC)
Schelly

United States   
Glad to hear it. Mine is on the way also, thank you very much Frank!
AKA husafreak
Offline parakiet  
#4 Posted : 11 July 2022 22:11:21(UTC)
parakiet

Belgium   
I was tempted but didn't buy it after all. Went for a new 212 instead :)
Did they update its internals?
Offline Zme  
#5 Posted : 12 July 2022 23:28:33(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello

That new 212 is a beauty, and I suspect it will pull more wagons.

Take good care.

Dwight
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Zme
Offline Schelly  
#6 Posted : 23 July 2022 05:58:38(UTC)
Schelly

United States   
I have my 88772 now and it is a beautiful little loco with fantastic lighting but maybe not the best runner. I have an hour or so in each direction now hoping for it to fully break in. It will keep running at a good clip but I am afraid I may have to take it apart and have a look. Mine does not want to go slow, and it is not smooth, it runs rather jerkily with hesitation, and if it stops at slow speeds when starting off or stopping only the "hand of god" will get it going again. So it seems to be a power pickup problem. Or maybe something hanging up in the drive. All I have done so far is a tiny bit of lubrication and cleaning the wheels. It is very quiet.
AKA husafreak
Offline Zme  
#7 Posted : 26 July 2022 02:50:55(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello, hope all is well.

Sorry to hear about this locomotive.

I know the initial run-in was critical to work in the brushes on old 3 and 5 pole locomotives, but is this still necessary for the new bell armature motors? What is the break-in now with the new motors since there are no brushes? Or is the break-in to also set the gears?

I noticed this is said to have a metal frame and hood. Does it have the metal embedded shell?

I was thinking this one should perform similar to the long lived v260. A compact locomotive with three drive wheels. Seems the v36 drive train could accurately replace the drive train on a v260. When you mention the lighting, what is different about this? Front and rear with alternating white/red? What is the country of origin on this one? I was surprised the 88146 comes from China. Works fine though. It is quiet too.

Take good care, hope it works out. This is a nice locomotive. Yours must just have some flashing in the gears or the motor is not fully seated.

Dwight

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Zme
Offline husafreak  
#8 Posted : 23 December 2022 20:03:10(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Last week I fixed my V36. I am very happy with it now :)
Here's my story. After being frustrated by poor running characteristics and basically putting it away for half a year I decided to operate!
It was one of the most difficult fixes I have been through. I took the drive train apart and reassembled it five or six times, adjusting the quartering each time. I found tiny bits of carpet like lint in the gears or under the hood which was odd because my track is plain cork and clean as a whistle. Perhaps I was not the first person to own this "new" loco? Only mother Marklin knows... Or maybe not, but now more than ever I am in favor of sealed packages. In any event the lint was not the problem. Sooo, I started making notes with pictures of the quartering, looking at Marklin's pictures and the manual, which shows different configurations... I tried a few different arrangements, wheel pins forward, wheel pins aft, top, bottom, flip the wheels over, etc. With the spring pickups inside 3 axles it was a bit difficult. Each time I would confirm that the side rods all had play before powering up. So many times it would run for a second or a few minutes or only in one direction and then freeze up again. Somewhere a bound up side rod. And then after about three hours of doing this in two sessions something clicked. I got the quartering puzzle solved. It runs amazing now! Fast, slow, both directions, no load or heavy loads.
Good old Z, the thrill of the hunt, the thrill of the fix, and the thrill of running these amazing machines.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by husafreak