Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#1 Posted : 11 May 2022 22:13:52(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Hello, I am using the ESU car lighting part# 50708 Which has a decoder including allowing me among other things to turn on the car light as I wish.

https://www.esu.eu/en/pr...ing-sets/ntt-h0-digital/

Now I do have some Marklin cars with lighting already included BUT with no decoder. Do I have any choice but to buy decoders that almost cost the price of 4 of the ESU lighting set or is there any cheaper option?

Thanks
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Puttputtmaru
Offline mbarreto  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2022 12:21:35(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Won't a LokPilot be enough?

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Puttputtmaru  
#3 Posted : 12 May 2022 13:42:00(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

Thanks that made me have a closer look at ESU offering.

I had missed the 5902 LokPilot 5 Basic, for about 20 Euros which is reasonable for that purpose and I should be able to hide it inside one car of the train fairly easy.

Still more expensive than the ESU light strip with decoder included but acceptable.

Actually makes me wonder if I could not use the ESU Strip, keeping may be just one light, as the decoder for my other Marklin car who already have a light strip from Marklin!!!!! I will give it a try I think.

If that works I will also have red indicator lights for the last car. That would be even better.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Puttputtmaru
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 12 May 2022 17:07:40(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I have this light strip but not tried to see if using conducting couplers the decoder would turn off and on the other strips in other coaches.
One thing I dont really like is it strip has to be set up like a coach but if you wish can have the same address as the loco.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#5 Posted : 12 May 2022 19:16:02(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
I have this light strip but not tried to see if using conducting couplers the decoder would turn off and on the other strips in other coaches.
One thing I dont really like is it strip has to be set up like a coach but if you wish can have the same address as the loco.

Thanks for the info. Using the same address might be interesting for train that will stay the same.

I have a Marklin passenger wagon set and the decoder is also assign as a coach/loco
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 12 May 2022 22:06:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post

I had missed the 5902 LokPilot 5 Basic, for about 20 Euros which is reasonable for that purpose and I should be able to hide it inside one car of the train fairly easy.

Still more expensive than the ESU light strip with decoder included but acceptable.

Actually makes me wonder if I could not use the ESU Strip, keeping may be just one light, as the decoder for my other Marklin car who already have a light strip from Marklin!!!!! I will give it a try I think.

If that works I will also have red indicator lights for the last car. That would be even better.

ESU also have a Lokpilot FX especially for this type of use. I haven't checked any details of it, but believe there is an M4 (mfx) version.
Offline mbarreto  
#7 Posted : 12 May 2022 23:17:46(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

If you use the LokPilot 5 Fx and you use special current conducting couplers with several poles, you can use
1 function to control the light of each car.
(this is just an untested idea...)

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline ktsolias  
#8 Posted : 12 May 2022 23:20:40(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post

ESU also have a Lokpilot FX especially for this type of use. I haven't checked any details of it, but believe there is an M4 (mfx) version.

The Lokpilot FX unfortunately is not M4. Supports DCC, MM, SX
The LokPilot FX DCC is only DCC
The Loksound FX supports DCC, MM, SX, M4 brilliant decoder for trains with engines on both ends. You can have sound on the dummy end as well

Al the decoders are excellent
The LokPilot 5 Fx has been equipped with an astonishing number of function outputs. Depending on the cutting version, each LokPilot 5 Fx decoder offers at least 10 reinforced function outputs with 250mA output current each. In the versions with PluX22 or 21MTC interface, 4 outputs for controlling servos or logic level outputs are added. All important lighting functions are available. The brightness of each output can be set separately.

I am using those with excellent results

Costas
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline marklinist5999  
#9 Posted : 13 May 2022 00:51:10(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Are you on I.G. with the Helenic Marklin club?