Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bryan  
#1 Posted : 15 March 2022 17:39:33(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Dear all

I thought you would all like to know Marklin are bringing out a Doation car for the Ukrainian war. Details will be sent to all Insiders later today. It is a coach in blue and yellow and limited to 2500 pieces.

David
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Bryan
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2022 19:25:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bryan Go to Quoted Post
Dear all

I thought you would all like to know Marklin are bringing out a Doation car for the Ukrainian war. Details will be sent to all Insiders later today. It is a coach in blue and yellow and limited to 2500 pieces.

David

Link to the page.

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 16 March 2022 14:55:49(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
How do we order it?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 16 March 2022 15:47:00(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
How do we order it?

Did you even look at the link? That is the only way to order it, once orders open.

Offline Gregor  
#5 Posted : 16 March 2022 16:02:09(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Got one! BigGrin

My fastest transaction ever (<100 seconds)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gregor
Offline thomasm  
#6 Posted : 16 March 2022 16:09:17(UTC)
thomasm

Norway   
Ditto!
I was looking for some kind of passenger wagon for my 37382 12X UNICEF, so this would be perfect :)

.thomas
Märklinist, hobbyist and collector. || Trains are meant to be driven.
Offline marklinist5999  
#7 Posted : 16 March 2022 16:29:23(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
How do we order it?

Did you even look at the link? That is the only way to order it, once orders open.

Angry Yes, of course I looked at theLink Alan! I tried clicking the pay options, looked for an item number, there is no instruction there. Ordering began today. They are likley gone by now.
There are other ways to donate to the Ukranian war effort anyhow.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#8 Posted : 16 March 2022 16:30:43(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Sold out already!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline marklinist5999  
#9 Posted : 16 March 2022 17:47:45(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Thank you Nigel. Some people can be rather condescending.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 16 March 2022 18:56:57(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
How do we order it?

Angry Yes, of course I looked at theLink Alan! I tried clicking the pay options, looked for an item number, there is no instruction there. Ordering began today. They are likley gone by now.
There are other ways to donate to the Ukranian war effort anyhow.

You had to keep refreshing the page until the pink bar changed to red and said something like "add to cart". this is how they have done all the message wagons (note that the link has 'messagewagon' as part of the link.

I suspect there are going to be a number of limited edition items sold this way, other than just message wagons. It will require people to be on the ball and clicking on the link within seconds of the sale opening. maybe someone should convince Marklin to have a sale open at a time more convenient to those in time zones on the other side of the world.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 16 March 2022 19:34:20(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Yep, I agree Alan, there was no way I was going to be up at 4am refreshing a computer page in the hope of buying something..

I do enough of that for work let alone a hobby...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#12 Posted : 16 March 2022 20:41:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Yep, I agree Alan, there was no way I was going to be up at 4am refreshing a computer page in the hope of buying something..

I see on the marklin B&G email list that someone did, and he claimed it went to "sold out" within 8 minutes. Scared Scared Scared

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline roberts  
#13 Posted : 16 March 2022 20:59:28(UTC)
roberts

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

I see on the marklin B&G email list that someone did, and he claimed it went to "sold out" within 8 minutes. Scared Scared Scared

It was limited to only 2500 cars. I wonder how many they could have sold if they had kept the window open for a day?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by roberts
Offline kimballthurlow  
#14 Posted : 16 March 2022 22:26:54(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
....I suspect there are going to be a number of limited edition items sold this way, other than just message wagons. It will require people to be on the ball and clicking on the link within seconds of the sale opening. maybe someone should convince Marklin to have a sale open at a time more convenient to those in time zones on the other side of the world.

Hello Alan,

Perusing my notes on the Flood Aid lok, this was promoted on 31-07-2021 by email which I received at 12:04 Central European Time.
That was 21:04 here in Australia (or 23:04 in New Zealand).
And you could order it at that time - no forward warning time.
So that was certainly of more practical use for a potential purchaser in the Asia Pacific region.
Less so for anyone in the American continents, where it would have varied from 1am to 7am in the morning.

However for the blue-yellow 43673 War aid car it seems that this time the Americas, Russia, India and in-between and the like might be better placed.
My thoughts are that an opening puchase time around midday CET would be more practical for world-wide sales.
Then again, Märklin may not care one way or another.
They still achieve the result and gain some publicity.

Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kiwiAlan  
#15 Posted : 17 March 2022 01:09:03(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: roberts Go to Quoted Post

It was limited to only 2500 cars. I wonder how many they could have sold if they had kept the window open for a day?

well, yes, but they wouldn't get manufactured within the stated time frame.

Think about it another way, suddenly a situation arises where Marklin figure they want to do something to raise funds to help the victims of the fighting, so one way would be to just make a donation. That comes straight out of the company bottom line on the balance sheet. But for the same amount of money they can make a coach which they can sell at a price commensurate to other similar coaches they make. They donate all the income from the coach (after deducting MWsT) to the aid fund, because they are using the money they would otherwise have donated to fund the manufacture of the coach. This will result in around twice the amount of money going to the aid fund as the coach will be priced at their normal ex-factory profit price.

Now the problem becomes that there has been no production slot assigned to the manufacture of this coach they suddenly want to produce, so where to fit the manufacture of this coach into the production schedule, and the supply of materials it needs. So someone on the production side shuffles things around in whatever production scheduling software they have, and figures they can make a production window that will deliver the items in June (the stated time of delivery - and they probably wouldn't want to wait longer than that, as it is three months away). So then they look at the material supply situation and the size of the production window, and figure they can work 2500 coaches into this window, and they will have enough materials on hand for this quantity, so that becomes the size of the production lot.

Also remember that the production of these coaches is probably being tagged on the end of the production of some identically bodied, but different liveried coaches, so they don't need to specially set up the plastic molding machines and so on for the individual items needed to produce the coach. The only thing they need to change is the painting and printing on the bodies. This is what they did with the Flood Aid VT92.5 loco, they worked out how to get the materials and tag the production onto the end of the Insider VT92.5 loco.

Also just remember that because they have tagged this extra batch of coaches into the production schedule something else will be late - because of schedule time and/or lack of materials that the other item requires, because the materials destined for the other item(s) has been diverted to make this batch of coaches. This is all part of the joys of Just In Time material supply in the manufacturing world.

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline franciscohg  
#16 Posted : 17 March 2022 01:34:47(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well. Luckily it was noon here in Chile so i could placé my order around 12:01. Thanks what happened with the message wagons it was predictable that it will be sold out very quickly.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline cookee_nz  
#17 Posted : 18 March 2022 04:44:30(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
You make an excellent point Alan. Oh to be a fly on the wall to see just what was actually involved in bringing an item like this to market in the timeframe available.

Thanks for the viewpoint

Thanks
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#18 Posted : 18 March 2022 14:21:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
You make an excellent point Alan. Oh to be a fly on the wall to see just what was actually involved in bringing an item like this to market in the timeframe available.

Thanks for the viewpoint

Thanks

Thanks Steve. Many people don'y realise the loops one needs to go through to plan production, and then fit in an unplanned item into the queue.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#19 Posted : 18 March 2022 21:01:07(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
When order will available open again to someone in June if payment didn't go through such as credit card from UK etc.

Paypal recommend?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#20 Posted : 18 March 2022 23:07:47(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
When order will available open again to someone in June if payment didn't go through such as credit card from UK etc.

Paypal recommend?

I used Paypal, but there will be no more coaches available in June, they have all been ordered and there will be no expansion of the production. The 2500 that have just been ordered get delivered in June.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#21 Posted : 12 April 2022 22:37:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
For those who missed out on the coach, or would like a loco to go with their coach, there is a model of a Vectron, suitably liveried, becoming available through a shop in Germany, using an LS Models Vectron as the basis. (Google translate works fine on the page)

The price is a bit steep for an AC sound version, but in line with Marklin pricing of recent offerings. Limited to 1500 items total.

Same model also available through the Bahn Shop