Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bogenschütze  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2022 16:21:00(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
Today is my 6th day of self-isolation following a positive Covid-19 antigen test. Only symptom is a runny nose (I'm fully vaccinated). To ensure my lovely wife doesn't become infected I am spending the entire period confined to the spare bedroom.

To relieve the boredom I needed a mini-project and decided to construct from scratch a typical corrugated iron "Signal-Fernsprecher" out of plasticard. Quite pleased with the result apart from the window which was drawn on paper and glued in the opening. If I'm still testing positive tomorrow I may remove it and have a go at making a proper window frame out of thin strips of plastic.

IMG_20220131_124246.jpg
Marklin - "The train set I never had as a child."
Keith Bowman
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by Bogenschütze
Offline Chris6382chris  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2022 16:29:11(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Nicely done.

Chris
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Chris6382chris
Online kimballthurlow  
#3 Posted : 04 February 2022 03:06:06(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bogenschütze Go to Quoted Post
.... construct from scratch a typical corrugated iron "Signal-Fernsprecher" out of plasticard. Quite pleased with the result apart from the window which was drawn on paper and glued in the opening. If I'm still testing positive tomorrow I may remove it and have a go at making a proper window frame out of thin strips of plastic.

Hello Keith,
What a great project idea.
I notice that Vollmer offers very similar little lineside houses, but the idea of having something different appeals to me.

Then there are the instrument sheds which house signal and turnout thing-a-me-jigs which may be a bit more complicated.
With a matchstick and printed card I do the warning signs for lineside, such as End of Line (Halte), end of Catenary, and the striped pre-signal and pre-grade crossing warning posts.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Gregor  
#4 Posted : 04 February 2022 10:10:18(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Very nice!

If you want to place it prototypically on your layout, this picture shows the guideline:

UserPostedImage

(In reality of course, there will always be exceptions, so you can place it anywhere you like)

Have fun,
Gregor

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Gregor