Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Giles  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2022 16:27:47(UTC)
Giles

United States   
I bought Wiad crane without a control box. Can anyone supply a color coded wiring diagram? I am not looking for a control box. I am in need of knowledge.
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 24 January 2022 17:14:00(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
White wires are hot, black nueteral on one motor, red wires hot, blue wires ground/nueteral on the other 3. You need a seperate momentary contact button switch for each movement. 4 motors that reverse directions, so 8 total. That's all I saw. No reversing slider switch. Marklin control boxes work this way too.
Imagine a line drawn along the bottom row of contacts inside the box connecting them all. Then a switch between each of them them and the output terminal contacts along the top row of the box contacts. A switch schenmatic is a line with a break in it on an angle.
The nueteral ground can be common to the box/switches to the 3 motors. I would seperate the gantry forward/reverse motor from these, as it has black and white wires.
I looked at one for auction on Catawiki.
Test your connections and operations before soldering up.
Offline Giles  
#3 Posted : 24 January 2022 20:12:51(UTC)
Giles

United States   
Thank you for the help. I think we might possibly describing two different cranes. Mine has one motor in the cab and one motor in the superstructure in back of two of the legs. Each motor is connected to a solenoid. 2 motors X 2 polarities X 2 solenoids equals 8 functions. Travel on bridge, travel at base, round and round, raise or lower. Also there is energizing clam bucket. My white wire is a larger diameter than all the other. I start getting confused when wh and gr and wh and bl both turn the cab equally. 'Tis a nice old crane for my Marklin layout. It is definitely worth resurrecting and controlling digitally.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Giles
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2022 20:57:33(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Ok, I looked at the traveling gantry crane. The same wiring principle applies as in basic current flow. If the wires are green, or yellow, or brown, just keep colors together to avoid a short circuit. Polarity can be remedied after testing if the motors don't sync in the same directions if need be. Just reverse the opposite contact connections from the motors.