Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Chris6382chris  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2021 21:18:25(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Since the middle of November my wife has been ordering Marklin and ESU stuff for me almost non stop from AJCKIDS as my Xmas list has evolved over the past month. In every occasion we have had quick responses to any questions and stuff is shipped many times on the same day as the order is placed. My last purchase of a 7A ESU Booster was made on Friday and it arrived yesterday. And this is how it always is with Guy and Belle at AJCKids. I have always been impressed with how quickly they get stuff to me and their prices are always the lowest.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass along praise when it is deserved. This isn't to take away from any other dealer, I purchase from several and like them all. But I felt compelled to let people know just how exceptional I have found AJCKIDS to be. This past month they have been great.

Chris
thanks 19 users liked this useful post by Chris6382chris
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2021 22:02:13(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I have dealt with AJC Kids on at least one occasion (from Australia) and agree with you.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline DaleSchultz  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2021 23:39:02(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
This should also include a shoutout to a clearly wonderful wife....

Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2021 00:09:59(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, I agree! Sweet people! I got their Christmas card yesterday. I've bought quite a bit from them, and have a couple items on pre order.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline lgbjohann  
#5 Posted : 22 December 2021 00:19:01(UTC)
lgbjohann

United States   
I can only second (and third) how truly exceptional AJCKIDS service has been and continues to this day.
John
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by lgbjohann
Offline dickinsonj  
#6 Posted : 22 December 2021 01:39:54(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
AJCKids is a great dealer! I have been buying from them for years and they have never let me down in any way.

Highly recommended!
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Chris6382chris  
#7 Posted : 22 December 2021 03:01:05(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post
This should also include a shoutout to a clearly wonderful wife....

Agree. You are so right. She is a very understanding financier of my railroad.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Chris6382chris
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 22 December 2021 04:11:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I can only second your comments as I have made my first purchase of items from AJCKids (some Marklin branded container wagons for the store loco) which I ordered earlier this year.

I have been conversing with Belle, she even showed some concern over our forecast weather over Christmas here in NZ which was forecast to be wet, windy and cold. The forecast has now been revised to be much better.

A friend of mine purchased a CS3 from AJCKids, the screen fell out of it when it arrived. AJCK took it back no questions asked and promptly replaced it. My friend also purchased a new expensive 1 Gauge loco off them which he is very happy with.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline river6109  
#9 Posted : 22 December 2021 08:17:33(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I can only second your comments as I have made my first purchase of items from AJCKids (some Marklin branded container wagons for the store loco) which I ordered earlier this year.

I have been conversing with Belle, she even showed some concern over our forecast weather over Christmas here in NZ which was forecast to be wet, windy and cold. The forecast has now been revised to be much better.

A friend of mine purchased a CS3 from AJCKids, the screen fell out of it when it arrived. AJCK took it back no questions asked and promptly replaced it. My friend also purchased a new expensive 1 Gauge loco off them which he is very happy with.

Maybe you should talk to Belle more often, seing the weather has improved considerable LOL

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline marklinist5999  
#10 Posted : 22 December 2021 12:12:20(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Belle includes a short note on each invoice saying hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Sometimes a mention of the weather, how bad the mosquitoes are, etc.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline Chris6382chris  
#11 Posted : 22 December 2021 13:50:15(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Two thoughts, first my heart would likely stop if a cs3 arrived and the screen fell out. That would be horrible. Second, 1 gauge Marklin, I wonder what my wife would think of that? I’m sure I could find room in the basement. Lol
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Chris6382chris
Offline Various Scales  
#12 Posted : 22 December 2021 18:42:54(UTC)
Various Scales

United States   
Thank you, Chris and everyone else, for mentioning this new-to-me Marklin retailer. I ordered the 88025 VW T1 van (VW Bulli) and look forward to future HO and Z scale purchases from them.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Various Scales
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#13 Posted : 22 December 2021 22:16:55(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Chris6382chris Go to Quoted Post
Second, 1 gauge Marklin, I wonder what my wife would think of that? I’m sure I could find room in the basement. Lol

Well, the person in question has bought a bunch of G1 track and points from the estate of a former club member of ours, and he intends to run a bookshelf level loop around his lounge (this dear reader is more advanced than the original 2 pieces of track for a static display) - he's having a new house built at the moment.

Here's a short video of the loco in question.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Various Scales  
#14 Posted : 29 December 2021 00:41:16(UTC)
Various Scales

United States   
I received my Marklin 88025 VW van today from Ajckids. It's tiny, but it's a charmer.

DSC03033.JPGDSC03036.JPG
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Various Scales
Offline petestra  
#15 Posted : 06 January 2022 18:05:46(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: Chris6382chris Go to Quoted Post
Since the middle of November my wife has been ordering Marklin and ESU stuff for me almost non stop from AJCKIDS as my Xmas list has evolved over the past month. In every occasion we have had quick responses to any questions and stuff is shipped many times on the same day as the order is placed. My last purchase of a 7A ESU Booster was made on Friday and it arrived yesterday. And this is how it always is with Guy and Belle at AJCKids. I have always been impressed with how quickly they get stuff to me and their prices are always the lowest.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass along praise when it is deserved. This isn't to take away from any other dealer, I purchase from several and like them all. But I felt compelled to let people know just how exceptional I have found AJCKIDS to be. This past month they have been great.

Chris

Hi Chris. Happy to hear you're using these folks. I have too exclusively for the past few years since I stopped using a store in Germany. They seem to have a lot in stock there

or can get things fairly quickly. Guy and Belle at AJCkids are so nice to deal with. So glad I found them too. Cheers, Peter. BigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline bgemski  
#16 Posted : 07 January 2022 03:21:02(UTC)
bgemski

United States   
I ordered the 290000 digital start set to take advantage of the newer system. I have an older 6021 to replace, always a very easy, pleasant transaction. My “go to” dealer, I just wished I was closer geographically!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bgemski
Offline artfull dodger  
#17 Posted : 23 January 2022 06:08:08(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
I have always had great service from AJCkids. One of the better online Marklin dealers in the USA. I have also bought from most of the major dealers in the states. Mostly online as only one used to be close enough to visit in person(Ormandy's in Media OH). Many thanks for AJCkids for great customer service when I needed items on my past layouts. AD
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline marklinist5999  
#18 Posted : 23 January 2022 10:38:33(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I visited Ormandys in Medina in the early milenium. Nice museum collection.
Offline artfull dodger  
#19 Posted : 23 January 2022 14:51:25(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
I lived in Erie PA from 2000 to 2008 and would make the 2 hour drive over to Ormandy's a couple times a year, along with seeing them at the big train Brera train show on the outskirts of Cleveland. I wanna say a few years ago they where trying to force him to move so they could redevelop the buildings the shop and museum were in. Never heard what became of that as it became a public outcry as that shop and the train museum had been a fixture on the courthouse square for decades. His shop was a goldmine for vintage Marklin, from boxed older M track to the trains themselves, still new in the box along with high quality used and new.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline marklinist5999  
#20 Posted : 23 January 2022 21:11:07(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Until I was age 6, we lived near Monroeville, Pa. east of Pittsburgh, so I'm very familiar with Erie, Clevleand, and of course the Toledo/Detroit environs.
We had a good dealer here in Southfield until 1995, and a smaller one in Westland until last decade.
You should try to get over to Elburn Ill. when Reynaulds has an open house. I think you are closer to Chicagoland than I am.
Offline artfull dodger  
#21 Posted : 23 January 2022 21:54:03(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Me and a friend plan to go see their shop the next time they have an open house. We were going to go a couple years ago but Covid got in the way. Hopefully they will have another one here soon. Yes, I am only about 3.5 hours drive from Chicagoland. Used to make the drive to the Dupage Co. fairground for their show but it was going downhill even before the whole pandemic hit. The show over by Cleveland was more worth the drive. AD
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by artfull dodger