Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Roger L  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2022 15:55:33(UTC)
Roger L

Hi, I am new to the forum matter of fact I am new to Marklin and I have to say it is an experience. This beautiful set was given to me by a friend of mine. Setting it up I have done everything that is stated in the instruction booklet giving with the set. The locomotive runs fine. Bells whistles and lights. I also set up the address for the observation car which all works fine. I am using a 6021 control.The set has conductive couplers but the only interior lights working in the set is the observation car all other cars do not light. Has anyone experienced this?
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2022 16:03:09(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum.
A single post is enough, though.

The power-conducting couplers only work when installed the right way up. They must be installed with care or they will bend the contact lid inside the coupler pocket.
Couplers mounted the wrong way around or bent contact lids will prevent the conduction of power and the lights will be off.
Check the coupler pocket at the observation car and the coupler pocket on the car next to it. IIRC the metal part of the conducting coupler must be on top.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Roger L  
#3 Posted : 18 January 2022 16:36:31(UTC)
Roger L

Thank you Tom for your reply and help I will check them out.I will let you know how I made out
Offline Various Scales  
#4 Posted : 18 January 2022 18:57:37(UTC)
Various Scales

United States   
I recently acquired the same set and so far, no issues with passenger car lighting. I agree that it's a beautiful set and hope you resolve your lighting issue soon. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks Tom, for the coupler information.
DSC03043.JPG
Offline Roger L  
#5 Posted : 20 January 2022 01:23:31(UTC)
Roger L

Thanks