Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline lgboro  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2022 14:04:46(UTC)
lgboro

United States   
Pics of houses in progress for a newbie build.
Offline Zme  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2022 20:23:26(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello. Hope all is well.

Don’t know if this is what you might be looking for but Lutke made a z model of houses foundations under construction. Here is a link.

https://www.luetke-model...-Reihenhaussiedlung.html

Most browsers will translate a webpage for you. Sometimes these are listed on EBay or similar sites, but not often.

Hope this helps. Take good care.

Dwight
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Zme
Offline lgboro  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2022 22:28:18(UTC)
lgboro

United States   
I have several under construction and was going to post a few pics, but I didn’t find a way to post them and hit the wrong key and posted an incomplete post instead of deleting. Oops.
Offline husafreak  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2022 03:53:12(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Posting pics here is labor intensive. I take pics on my cell phone and email them to myself, this prompts the phone to ask me how large a file I want to send, I pick medium or something small enough to fit here, is it under 1 GB? I can't remember just now. Then I save those reduced file size pics and post them here. Landscape too I think, the picture is longer horizontally. And you have to use Post Reply, I think Quick Reply doesn't give the option to add a picture. I have to relearn the process every time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by husafreak
Zme
Offline Zme  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2022 04:15:31(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello.

I found this by using the help feature, it is at the top of the webpage once you log in. This might be helpful.

To attach a file to a post, you need to be using the main 'Post Reply' or 'New Topic' page and not 'Quick Reply', or Click the 'Attach' button to on an existing Message.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a Check box 'Attach files to this post?'. When you Click on the 'Post' button you are redirected to the Attachments Page where you can Upload and Attach Files.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. Once you have selected a file, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear over the Upload Section. You can click 'Back' to return to the Topic.

What files types can be used? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types you can use. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How to add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, they will be automatically generated a thumbnail that will displayed in your message, with an Link to the Full Size Image

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image.

I recently mentioned that I seldom get image posts to work out the way I expect. I know to work with images, select the “dashboard” option from the top middle of the webpage. Then select manage/upload images. The photo needs to be available on your device, browse to your images, select it and choose upload. After it is uploaded and the image is presented, below it are three strings of commands which you need to copy into your post. The way the images are presented, are different on each string. (You can recognize the string because they have the letters https I them. ) Copy the entire string into your new message post. The result can be previewed to see if the image is presented in the way you desire. Sound complicated but you will get it to work out for you eventually.

Best wishes

Dwight
Offline lgboro  
#6 Posted : 13 January 2022 13:27:04(UTC)
lgboro

United States   
I for the most part understand the process but I chose to build computers (really fast and stable) since the early 90’s but have never mastered software issues and at 72 years old it probably isn’t going to happen now. Most of the forums here in the states have long since made it a simple process to post pics and is a simple one or two click process. Being a lurker on this forum is very helpful to gain info on how to and inspiration. When I call myself a newbie, I have a long and extensive history in carving birds, animals and scratch ship model building to include a couple of works in state level museums and was hoping to share a few pics to give something back to the talented forum community.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by lgboro
Zme
Offline Zme  
#7 Posted : 13 January 2022 14:07:20(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello. Well, it is great to hear from you and we would love to see your work, we need inspiration too. Perhaps a relative, neighbor,or friend is a wiz at this kind of stuff and could assist, after all, what are friends for.

I agree it is not a simple procedure, but requires multiple steps and can have surprising results. I am not sure the procedures here will change anytime soon.

Hope to be inspired soon.

Take good care.

Dwight
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 13 January 2022 14:08:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: lgboro Go to Quoted Post
I for the most part understand the process but I chose to build computers (really fast and stable) since the early 90’s but have never mastered software issues and at 72 years old it probably isn’t going to happen now. Most of the forums here in the states have long since made it a simple process to post pics and is a simple one or two click process. Being a lurker on this forum is very helpful to gain info on how to and inspiration. When I call myself a newbie, I have a long and extensive history in carving birds, animals and scratch ship model building to include a couple of works in state level museums and was hoping to share a few pics to give something back to the talented forum community.

The process of attaching photos to a post is quite simple. Click on the paper clip icon in the bar at the top of the edit window when you are writing your post, and follow the instructions as provided. You do need to have the directory where the photo is located open as you need to drag the file name from it to the upload box when it tells you (I drag the upload box to one side of the screen when doing this with the file folder on the other side of the screen so clicking on the file folder doesn't cover the drop field of the upload box). I tend to do the files one at a time so they end up in the order I want them on the page, but you could drag multiple files at the same time, but this won't guarantee their displayed order.

Offline husafreak  
#9 Posted : 13 January 2022 17:27:24(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Other active forums that might make the process easier for you are Trainboard, (the Z scale part) or the AZL forum, which welcomes all contributions. We just want to see your work ;)
Offline parakiet  
#10 Posted : 13 January 2022 18:17:41(UTC)
parakiet

Belgium   
You can also upload em to a photohost ( like https://imgbox.com/ ) and post the links here. We will need to click, however, that isn't bad.