Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline oranda  
#1 Posted : 19 October 2020 17:06:50(UTC)
oranda

United Kingdom   
Recently I decided to solder together an Arduino based, DCC decoder kit which should provide the same kind of functionality as a Märklin 60841 M84 decoder. I intend it to control a number of lights in buildings etc. I like making things and this venture into the world of DCC seemed to be a good way of finding out more.

The decoder is called DCCNext - https://www.arcomora.com/dccnext/, and when I got it to work, i selected from a choice of Arduino type sketches from its windows installer. The hardware and software is the work of Nico Teering, and his support has got me to the stage where I have an operational DCCNext. However despite rave reviews on his website, there doesn't seem to be anyone there from Märklin users.

Are there any Märklin user who may be using this kit?

Thanks in anticipation!

Edited by user 20 October 2020 20:37:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline IBtrain  
#2 Posted : 11 January 2022 05:34:20(UTC)
IBtrain

Canada   
Originally Posted by: oranda Go to Quoted Post
Recently I decided to solder together an Arduino based, DCC decoder kit which should provide the same kind of functionality as a Märklin 60841 M84 decoder. I intend it to control a number of lights in buildings etc. I like making things and this venture into the world of DCC seemed to be a good way of finding out more.

The decoder is called DCCNext - https://www.arcomora.com/dccnext/, and when I got it to work, i selected from a choice of Arduino type sketches from its windows installer. The hardware and software is the work of Nico Teering, and his support has got me to the stage where I have an operational DCCNext. However despite rave reviews on his website, there doesn't seem to be anyone there from Märklin users.

Are there any Märklin user who may be using this kit?

Thanks in anticipation!

Hello oranda.
I have just started building my layout and I also plan on using DCCNext for servos and LEDs. I have 5 of the modules at this time.
I am just starting my wiring of the turnouts and still trying to figure out how or if I can use a DCCNext to switch the solenoids on the turnouts.

Kai
Marklin K-track, Ecos 50200, RocRail