Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Hartliebr  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2022 19:11:07(UTC)
Hartliebr

Switzerland   
Hello All, I found second hand an old Krocodile (LGB 2040) LGB loc and converted it to Digital with an LG55029 sound decoder. It is working fine but now I would like to control with a function key (F15) the AUX3 and AUX4 connected to the overhead cabin lights. When I switch this Function key the light of the driver should be lit when the locomotive is stopped and go off when the locomotive starts running... I'm trying to figure out how to do this but my knowledge goes up to change some existing parameters and that's it.Confused
Could someone help me and could you tell me where or in which book I can learn to do this as I surely will go on ...BigGrin
Many thanks in advance!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 08 January 2022 19:32:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Hartliebr Go to Quoted Post
Hello All, I found second hand an old Krocodile (LGB 2040) LGB loc and converted it to Digital with an LG55029 sound decoder. It is working fine but now I would like to control with a function key (F15) the AUX3 and AUX4 connected to the overhead cabin lights. When I switch this Function key the light of the driver should be lit when the locomotive is stopped and go off when the locomotive starts running... I'm trying to figure out how to do this but my knowledge goes up to change some existing parameters and that's it.Confused
Could someone help me and could you tell me where or in which book I can learn to do this as I surely will go on ...BigGrin
Many thanks in advance!

This should be possible. I believe this decoder is a variant of the msd/3 Marklin decoder, repackaged for use in larger gauges.

I found the manual here on this Swiss dealers web site. That page also shows an adapter to attach the decoder to the 60971 programmer, however with a cs2 or cs3 you should be able to set the relevasnt aux ouputs to be also controlled by Forward or Reverse conditions.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Hartliebr  
#3 Posted : 09 January 2022 04:59:31(UTC)
Hartliebr

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Many thanks in advance!

This should be possible. I believe this decoder is a variant of the msd/3 Marklin decoder, repackaged for use in larger gauges.

I found the manual here on this Swiss dealers web site. That page also shows an adapter to attach the decoder to the 60971 programmer, however with a cs2 or cs3 you should be able to set the relevasnt aux ouputs to be also controlled by Forward or Reverse conditions.

Many thanks kiwiAlan for you advise, unfortunately I shall not be able to have access to a CS3 before some times. As I have a DCC command station, I am dealing with CV's...
I have the manual you are talking about, but I do not understand how to assign CV's with the activator/Events/outputs & Logical Functions, the operating modes and what values to set to which CV...
And where can I learn this matter?

Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 09 January 2022 13:16:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Many thanks in advance!

Many thanks kiwiAlan for you advise, unfortunately I shall not be able to have access to a CS3 before some times. As I have a DCC command station, I am dealing with CV's...
I have the manual you are talking about, but I do not understand how to assign CV's with the activator/Events/outputs & Logical Functions, the operating modes and what values to set to which CV...
And where can I learn this matter?

What DCC system do you have? If it can have a computer attached (and there are hardly any that cannot) then use JMRI on your computer. This will allow you to 'get at' the CVs which will be displayed with human friendly labels. I know the Marklin msd/3 decoders are defined in JMRI, but I don't know about the LGB variant, but it wouldn't be hard to add this definition.

There is a very helpful groups.io email forum to support JMRI (see the link on the JMRI home page).
Offline Hartliebr  
#5 Posted : 09 January 2022 22:10:34(UTC)
Hartliebr

Switzerland   
Many thanks in advance!

What DCC system do you have? If it can have a computer attached (and there are hardly any that cannot) then use JMRI on your computer. This will allow you to 'get at' the CVs which will be displayed with human friendly labels. I know the Marklin msd/3 decoders are defined in JMRI, but I don't know about the LGB variant, but it wouldn't be hard to add this definition.

There is a very helpful groups.io email forum to support JMRI (see the link on the JMRI home page).

Great, Thanks! I will install JMRI and study it, looks very powerful... By the way I have a Z21 normally used on an N scale circuit. Now my son is pushing me hard on LGB!

Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 09 January 2022 23:40:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Great, Thanks! I will install JMRI and study it, looks very powerful... By the way I have a Z21 normally used on an N scale circuit. Now my son is pushing me hard on LGB!

Look at the pages on interfacing to a Z21 with JMRI, IIRC using the Lenz method is the better way.

When you first try to read the decoder use 'identify decoder'. There are some hard to find bugs still in the program that cause problems if you try reading individual sheets of CVs, so do ' read All Sheets' once it has identified the decoder. Looking at other information I scanned briefly it looks like it should just identify as a Marklin one, and then all should work fine.