Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinist5999  
#1 Posted : 03 January 2022 20:36:33(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I ordered this set and decoder earlier today. The shop in Germany is well known. I asked the other day if I can control it with my CS3, and the reply was "Yes". I have not seen the user mnaual yet. It isn't online.
As it is an accessory and decoder, and not a locomotive, how will I install it and run from track power? You do not power it by auxiliary power supply when using a digital controller.
I understand I will have to import a photo icon if in the Loco list.
Would an M84 decoder be better to operate it with? What about the sounds? The cable car set has a decoder interface, speaker, and l.e.d. lighting.
Thank you all in advance!
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 03 January 2022 22:43:22(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
You plug the decoder into the cable car base station, and run the cable car as any locomotive from the CS or PC software. This way, you can access the functions to derive sound and lights according to the below clip. You may also set the cable car speed and direction as you wish. I guess you ordered the Jägerndorfer pre-set ESU sound decoder? It would of course be possible to use any 21MTC sound decoder and implement the settings required yourself, however, this will take some time as it could be hard to find the ”right” cable car sounds out there…

Note: To set the DCC address, initially, I connected the cable car to the CS programming track outputs.

Smile

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Purellum  
#3 Posted : 03 January 2022 23:15:56(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

It doesn't have to move; but then you need a helicopter LOL

https://www.world-today-...the-state-of-new-mexico/

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2022 03:32:34(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes PeFu, I did order the pre set ESU decoder for the set. Many thanks!
Offline marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 07 January 2022 03:30:11(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Yes PeFu, I did order the pre set ESU decoder for the set. Many thanks!

It arrived today! I read the decoder instructions included. A bit confused, so I looked at the manual on the ESU site as the instructon refered for the Loksound 5.0 decoder. Still uncertain whether I install it on the CS3 as dcc, mm, or m4, or mfx. The online manual says it's either. Address is pre set at 03.
255 possible dcc addresses. I don't want to goof it up. I don't need to change the address, but I want all sound functions.
The language is a but sorded.
It says at a Marklin Central station it can be read.
You mentioned using the programming output.
I won't be testing it right away, as I have a slight valley station Foundation modification to do.
Thank you for helping me in advance.
Offline PeFu  
#6 Posted : 07 January 2022 07:21:09(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I’m using address 332 on DCC, there is no limitation of 255 addresses only. I’m not using Mfx at all on my CS, for other reasons.

There is a program track output on your CS, initially, I used this output first to (1) change CV for ”DCC only”, (2) change the address, and then to (3) check all electronics is working using the CS. After this, I moved the base and top stations to the mountain, for testing all mechanics. Here, I connected it to one of the booster track bus wires I have, and to the common digital ground.

I would wait for finalising the final location of your cable car, until you have tested it, There could be issues on horisontal length or vertical height you may need to adjust, which could be tricky if things are all-plastered…

Oh, I fixed the top station on a small sheet of playwood. The sheet has two slots which allows me to adjust the tention of the cable car wire in the future, using tiny bolts with nuts that are drilled on the mountain top. The slots also allows some adjustments of the angle of the top station. This setup will not be visible standing on the train room floor.

Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline marklinist5999  
#7 Posted : 07 January 2022 09:13:00(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Ok, thank you! I use mfx on my CS3 and run my older Marklin mm locomotives with it. I don't want to disable mfx. I will test it first before bolting down. So I connect wiith the program track, and add to Loco. List using dcc? Enter decoder address, and select the number of functions like a Roco digital loco? If it doesnt work, I try under MM? If that fais, I still have my 6021 controller, but prefer to use the cs3.
My mountain top is level made of 3m pink foam insulation board. The station will just fit, with a bit extra room. I can hot glue a thin piece of plywood down so the screws hold. The mid air mast will fasten down just behind the tunnel portal, which is rigid pvc. I measured for minimum height and length before I ordered it.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 07 January 2022 15:17:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

255 possible dcc addresses. I don't want to goof it up.

The 255 address limit will be for MM, not DCC. with DCC you should be able to go to at least 9999, and the actual limit is 10200 and something (can't remember the exact figure).

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#9 Posted : 07 January 2022 15:24:26(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Thank's Alan! What I need to ask though, is it going to run on my CS3 using the DCC decoder setting?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 07 January 2022 15:36:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Thank's Alan! What I need to ask though, is it going to run on my CS3 using the DCC decoder setting?

I don't see why it wouldn't. It sounds like they have used a standard Loksound 5 decoder from your description of what you have received.

I would just connect it up with the motorised unit and give it a try. But frankly I would use it in mfx mode so it loads the function keys with appropriate icons.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#11 Posted : 07 January 2022 15:58:05(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Oh, thank's again! That's what I was hoping! The translation on the instructiona are a bit off.
Offline marklinist5999  
#12 Posted : 07 January 2022 21:53:32(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Confused
Oh, thank's again! That's what I was hoping! The translation on the instructiona are a bit off.

MFX register didn't work. I tried MM and nothing. I tried DCC and CS3 said DCC disabled, action not possible. I don't knbow what to do. I tried finding out how to enable DCC in the CS3 to no avail. I think I will E-mail the dealer and ask them.
Offline PeFu  
#13 Posted : 08 January 2022 07:51:16(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Referring to the Jägerndorfer decoder manual, it seems like Mfx is deactivated on the the decoder. Have you tested it on Märklin-Motorola?

If it works on Märklin-Motorola, then I would suggest you enable the DCC mode on your CS3.

Btw, I remember there was a need of a jumper modification on the base station, for moving to ”decoder” mode. Have you done this?
Offline marklinist5999  
#14 Posted : 08 January 2022 10:56:10(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, and thanks again PeFu, I tried MM as well. There was a smaller green pcb board plugged into the bottom which I replaced with the blue sound decoder. It doesn't plug into the green one. The connector for track Or controller power was already plugged in. Nothing stated about a jumper. I don't see anything in the big CS3 book or online how to enable DCC protocol. I searched the system settings menus.
Sometimes I'm just a Digital disaster! I emailed Daniel at Modellbahn Union last evening.
Offline marklinist5999  
#15 Posted : 08 January 2022 14:15:08(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I have enabled DCC on my CS3. It still didn't work, so I edited it using the "READ" icon, and it seemed to read the address, but still nothing! The first row of lines said something in german about the address. A second row later appeared, and rather quickly finished loading, I checked OK, but it still doesn't work.
Offline PeFu  
#16 Posted : 08 January 2022 20:51:53(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Have you plugged in the cable between the base and top stations?
Offline marklinist5999  
#17 Posted : 08 January 2022 20:57:54(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Hi, yes, I have the two staions connected. I'm getting ready to test it in analog without the deoder. I'll use my MS2 power pack. The plug is the same size. I'll report soon.
Offline marklinist5999  
#18 Posted : 08 January 2022 21:10:54(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Hi, yes, I have the two staions connected. I'm getting ready to test it in analog without the deoder. I'll use my MS2 power pack. The plug is the same size. I'll report soon.

It's working in analog with all lighting. Is it possible I plugged the deoder in upside down? I'll switch it. I had the round white label facing down. The pic in the instructions only show a flat white decoder.
Offline marklinist5999  
#19 Posted : 08 January 2022 21:46:41(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
"It's ALIVE!" OMG, how dumb am I? So cool! The flourescent lighting in the lower stations even flicker when coming on.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999