Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 07 December 2021 11:36:41(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, I was converting a Piko loco several weeks ago by adding a sound decoder and changing the wiring, yesterday I've added a 4 pin Roco electrical coupling,
having converted it a while ago I've forgot what Aux functions have been already taken, I needed 2 for interior lights, I knew Aux 1 & 2 had been taken for markerlights, 3 & 4 were taken for the designation sign and I thought 5 & 6 was available but these 2 had also been taken for the cab light, Aux 7 was taken for the high beam so there was only one left: Aux 8, from the instruction booklet I took the photo from a 22 pinPlux sound decoder and it stated: from top downwards: Aux 7, Aux 8 and Aux 6, so I soldered the wire to Aux 8 solder pad but nothing happened the interior light didn't come on, I than cross checked the Aux 8 function and it related to the high beam, I thought this is very odd., I than took another instruction booklet and found out the mixed up the order of Aux functions: it should have read: Aux 8, Aux 7 and Aux 6, realizing they've made a printing error I than soldered the wire to the correct solder pad and everything works fine now.,

when you get to my age putting a spanner into the works doesn't help and you think you are getting older than you think you are., after I've discovered the printing error my brain recovered very quickly and I felt much younger again

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode