Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rngr2  
#1 Posted : 28 November 2021 16:18:25(UTC)
Rngr2

United States   
I've just moved and have a lot of C track to build a new layout in a 16' x 14' space
Does anyone know where I can buy a layout plan to build? I don't want to design it-just build.
Plan should include Bill of Materials, I hope
Thanks
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 28 November 2021 16:31:46(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
You shouldn't need to buy them. You can use Anyrail software, SCARM, etc. Inventory your track, then plan a layout using the software. It will tell you what tracks you need, and where they go on the graph according to your base size, gradients, turnouts, and radii you want. The basic plans are free. I downloaded Anyrail for free. There are youtube tutorials showing how to use it too.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2021 17:22:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rngr2 Go to Quoted Post
I've just moved and have a lot of C track to build a new layout in a 16' x 14' space
Does anyone know where I can buy a layout plan to build? I don't want to design it-just build.
Plan should include Bill of Materials, I hope
Thanks

Marklin do a lot of plans with all the woodwork construction detail in Marklin Magazine. They don't often do ones that size but check out what is available here.

Offline Alsterstreek  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2021 17:25:04(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
A Märklin dealer in Germany is selling track plans (“Gleisplan” = Track Plan):

https://meisesmobacenter...eisplan&inc_subcat=1

Scroll down to the first in a series of suggestions. Click on track plan to obtain more information. According to their website they sell worldwide.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline DV  
#5 Posted : 28 November 2021 23:00:35(UTC)
DV

Australia   
There is a professional model train builder in Germany who also will design a layout for you in what ever tracks you want to use, in what ever area you have, what ever time in history you want and what ever you want on your layout.

They charge for the design and will provide plans in scale and 1 to 1, all materials required, not just tracks, but all.

You fill out a request form that is very detailed and they will provide a cost before they go ahead with the design.

This is their web site Brima

They are not cheap, but do unbelievable designs. They also build and deliver world wide, if that is your inclination.

Can recommend them as they did a small area design for a friend who was very happy.
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 29 November 2021 00:24:27(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post
There is a professional model train builder in Germany who also will design a layout for you in what ever tracks you want to use, in what ever area you have, what ever time in history you want and what ever you want on your layout.

They charge for the design and will provide plans in scale and 1 to 1, all materials required, not just tracks, but all.

You fill out a request form that is very detailed and they will provide a cost before they go ahead with the design.

This is their web site Brima

They are not cheap, but do unbelievable designs. They also build and deliver world wide, if that is your inclination.

Can recommend them as they did a small area design for a friend who was very happy.

There is at least one member of this forum who has a layout that was made by them, and I know of two others who are in the planning stage.

It is interesting to look through their pages on the layouts they have done or are in progress to see the different designs they have done, from small to large, and including very large (if you are familiar with the hans Peter porsche layout in Germany, that was designed and built by Brima.

Offline marklinist5999  
#7 Posted : 29 November 2021 00:24:41(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, and there are stateside layout builders too.