Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GenDemo  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2021 11:51:04(UTC)
GenDemo

Australia   
Hi All

I am not sure if this is the right section in the forum to post this in - if not, please correct me.

I bought a 2nd hand digital BR24 loco (#36240), but I dont know what it's address is and the person I bought it from doesn't know.
I have a 6021 controller, and my other locos have dip switches on their controllers so that I can set the address to.

For this one, I opened the tender. There is a circuit board there with a speaker, but no dip switches.
I can't see how to get the loco open? I took out the 2 screws on the underside in the front. And then the 3 (one in the center on the raised section between the wheels, and one on either side under the body) at the read of the loco. But the top of the shell wont budge? I am clearly missing something, and the user manual is not helpful.
from the very vague descriptions in the manual, it seems like the default address is '01', but that doesnt work. I found another reference online that says the default address for it is '78', but that also does not work.

I'd greatly appreciate any help?

My controller works, and there is power to the track, as I can run my other locos without problem.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2021 12:15:57(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GenDemo Go to Quoted Post
Hi All

I am not sure if this is the right section in the forum to post this in - if not, please correct me.

I bought a 2nd hand digital BR24 loco (#36240), but I dont know what it's address is and the person I bought it from doesn't know.
I have a 6021 controller, and my other locos have dip switches on their controllers so that I can set the address to.

For this one, I opened the tender. There is a circuit board there with a speaker, but no dip switches.
I can't see how to get the loco open? I took out the 2 screws on the underside in the front. And then the 3 (one in the center on the raised section between the wheels, and one on either side under the body) at the read of the loco. But the top of the shell wont budge? I am clearly missing something, and the user manual is not helpful.
from the very vague descriptions in the manual, it seems like the default address is '01', but that doesnt work. I found another reference online that says the default address for it is '78', but that also does not work.

I'd greatly appreciate any help?

My controller works, and there is power to the track, as I can run my other locos without problem.

The manual at 36240 gives the address as 78, which is what I would expect, as this is the Delta address for a steam loco.

Offline GenDemo  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2021 13:13:07(UTC)
GenDemo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

The manual at 36240 gives the address as 78, which is what I would expect, as this is the Delta address for a steam loco.

Is there a way to factory reset it?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 21 November 2021 13:58:41(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Is there a way to factory reset it?

Do you mean to reset the decoder to factory defaults? There is on a Marklin mfx controller but I don't know how on an 6021.
If you want to change the address there is a procedure, IIRC it is detailed in the manual, for changing it with a 6021.

Offline GenDemo  
#5 Posted : 21 November 2021 20:54:58(UTC)
GenDemo

Australia   

Do you mean to reset the decoder to factory defaults? There is on a Marklin mfx controller but I don't know how on an 6021.
If you want to change the address there is a procedure, IIRC it is detailed in the manual, for changing it with a 6021.

Reset the decoder yes?
What is IIRC? The loco’s manual is extremely vague.
Offline mvd71  
#6 Posted : 21 November 2021 21:05:32(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
IIRC means “if I recall correctly”

Another pain in the ass acronym in a world filled with sooooo many of them.

If you can download the manual for the loco there are instructions for doing a factory reset on the decoder, and for setting the address to what ever you would like it to be, adjusting acceleration and deceleration and top speed.
Offline GenDemo  
#7 Posted : 21 November 2021 21:09:53(UTC)
GenDemo

Australia   
Oh! Hahahaha. Thank you. 😅
Yes I hate acronyms!

I’ll read it again. But I didnt see anything. Its even vague about what the default address is.

Perhaps I’ll upload it here for assistance.

Thank you for your replies.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 22 November 2021 00:36:14(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I’ll read it again. But I didnt see anything. Its even vague about what the default address is.

Oh come on, the default address is in bold print. Find the pages with English (there are about two of them, and they immediately follow the German pages, and preceed all the other language pages on all the loco manuals I have looked at). There are three things listed in bold print, one is the default address, the others are the minimum and maximum of the address range.

Then at the back of the manual there are pictograms that show most other things that aren't specifically listed in the text. It may be that you need to look at these to find setting the address and resetting (I haven't checked the manual about this).

Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 22 November 2021 08:38:28(UTC)
H0

Hi!

You can set a new address without knowing the old address. Follow the instructions in the manual - maybe you need a separate manual from the internet.
Setting a new address and resetting the decoder use the same scheme of bringing the decoder into programming mode. So a reset is an option to get address 78.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage