Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline lvfocus  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2021 04:59:46(UTC)
lvfocus

Portugal   
Dear Group.

I would be very pleased if you can help with the CV's correct configuration for a conversion into digital of a Marklin 3015 with a ESU Loksound V5.

Currently I am converting a Marklin 3015 (Marklin 00 crocodile) to digital with full sounds.

The convertion went well; I used an ESU Magnet 51965, an ESU Loksound decoder 58410 (NEM 652), replaced the light bubs with White leds and programed the decoder with ESU Loksound V5 project: “S0071-LS5H0M4-ELok-SBB-Ce6-8-III_Be6-8-III_Krokodil-V1-R1.esux”

Everything performs well except the locomotive running. At first It was runnnig very slow. Prior to the process of digital convertion, I confirmed that the motor doesn’t exceed the 1,5 A (without load the decoder used around 700 mA) and the decoder doesn’t shut down by excess of consumption.
I also tried to the auto ajustment process but It was not sucessfull.

I managed to get better results with the configuration of LFCM motor; the locomotive runs rather well but, most of the times, doesn't start running, always, in the same direction. In the other direction always starts running well.
When the motor doesn't start running, if I force a little bit the rotor, the motor starts running and always keep running until I stop it. I think is a question of torque so I need your experience to overcome this problem. If someone knows the correct configuration of the cvs please let me know.

All the best for all and a Merry Christmas.

LVFOCUS Luis Valente
Grettings from Portugal
------------
Luis Valente (Trying the new CS3 Plus)
Offline PJMärklin  
#2 Posted : 20 November 2021 07:12:02(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: lvfocus Go to Quoted Post
Dear Group.

I would be very pleased if you can help with the CV's correct configuration for a conversion into digital of a Marklin 3015 with a ESU Loksound V5.

Currently I am converting a Marklin 3015 (Marklin 00 crocodile) to digital with full sounds.

The convertion went well; I used an ESU Magnet 51965, an ESU Loksound decoder 58410 (NEM 652), replaced the light bubs with White leds and programed the decoder with ESU Loksound V5 project: “S0071-LS5H0M4-ELok-SBB-Ce6-8-III_Be6-8-III_Krokodil-V1-R1.esux”

Everything performs well except the locomotive running. At first It was runnnig very slow. Prior to the process of digital convertion, I confirmed that the motor doesn’t exceed the 1,5 A (without load the decoder used around 700 mA) and the decoder doesn’t shut down by excess of consumption.
I also tried to the auto ajustment process but It was not sucessfull.

I managed to get better results with the configuration of LFCM motor; the locomotive runs rather well but, most of the times, doesn't start running, always, in the same direction. In the other direction always starts running well.
When the motor doesn't start running, if I force a little bit the rotor, the motor starts running and always keep running until I stop it. I think is a question of torque so I need your experience to overcome this problem. If someone knows the correct configuration of the cvs please let me know.

All the best for all and a Merry Christmas.

LVFOCUS Luis Valente

Hi Luis,

I am sorry I cannot help your particular problem.

However, I admire your ambition, enterprise, and daring renaissance in converting your
old ( “00”) 3015 to digital with sounds, which must be exciting for you.

Whilst I have converted all my locos to digital, the salient exception is my old 3015 which I preferred
to keep in original analogue:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I have retained on my layout the capability to run this old loco in analogue mode via the oberleitung
specifically for this purpose, with retention of one dedicated analogue controller which I can connect to
the overhead wire :

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I have, however, a number of very old Märklin locos that I have converted to digital; thus this seems at
variance with my practice with the old 3015, but this old loco just seems very special to meWub.

We are an eclectic group, and as I often comment : “to each is own” !

Good luck with your digital fine tuning and a Merry Christmas Greetings to you also, in Portugal.
I have very much enjoyed my visitations to your country:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Regards from the other hemisphere,

PJ
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2021 14:10:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: lvfocus Go to Quoted Post

This sounds like you need to give the mechanical drive train a once over and check there is no binding in the gear train. I would look for worm gears that move back and forth when changing direction (maybe a shim washer has disintegrated or disappeared), old oil or grease in the gear train or some other bit of grit causing binding, wear on the flat pieces that provide the flexible drive from the motor to the gearboxes, and any other possible sources of binding.

Then check out the motor itself, are the brush springs providing too little or too much tension, does the commutator have a rough edge on the gaps in the segments, or old brush carbon clogging the gaps, does the armature move back and forth with the different direction?

Unfortunately converting to digital often shows up some of these idiosyncrasies which wouldn't otherwise be noticed in an analogue loco.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline lvfocus  
#4 Posted : 21 November 2021 21:38:11(UTC)
lvfocus

Portugal   
Thanks for your intelligent answer. That thought has already crossed my mind. I will try to see if there is a mechanical problem. The motor itself is ok with new brushes and correct tension.

I will let you know if I solve the problem.

All the best.

Luis Valente

Grettings from Portugal
------------
Luis Valente (Trying the new CS3 Plus)