Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mman  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2021 15:42:59(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
6D7C6DFE-24A3-4A75-A4DA-C2668EF4AFE0.jpegCC5864E1-7349-43E7-8B14-07F6F45E2BB1.jpegThis week the postie has brought two Z items from ebay, the first is 8826, a class 151 6 axle electric outline loco in red from 1991. I have a green one which came in the first Z set I bought in the very early 2000s but never had a red one. It’s all there and runs nicely although it arrived a little the worse for wear since the hard plastic cradle within the box had shattered allowing the loco to rattle around in transit, separating he body from the chassis and dislocating one of the couplings.
The other item is a non-runner, the 0232 so called planning game, described as used but in fact unused in a sealed bag with all the components still on the sprues. No date on the box, but I note that it was made in Denmark. This will compliment a similar set I bought a long time ago which had insufficient pieces for my purposes.
Just waiting now to see if any items ordered from GM at Ford ever turn up.
ChrisG
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mman
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2021 15:58:13(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Mman Go to Quoted Post

ChrisG

BigGrin BigGrin had me thinking there for a moment Chris - what do General Motors and Ford have to do with each other ... Confused Oh, its Gaugemaster at Ford ... Blushing Blushing

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Mman  
#3 Posted : 21 October 2021 16:01:51(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

ChrisG

BigGrin BigGrin had me thinking there for a moment Chris - what do General Motors and Ford have to do with each other ... Confused Oh, its Gaugemaster at Ford ... Blushing Blushing

GM is right next to the Vauxhall! (the Russian word for a railway station).
ChrisG
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 21 October 2021 16:06:02(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Alan, more than you'd think! Ford used GM (gm now logo) Frigidaire/Harrison axial A/C compressors as far back as 1975 to save space and weight under the bonnet. The older Ford unit was square, heavy, and huge.
They co-designed automatic transaxles since 2006 with the first 6 speed units, then 8, and ten speeds. Ford builds theirs right here in Sterling Heights, and GM in Toledo Ohio, formerly in Warren Michigan.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 21 October 2021 19:03:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

ChrisG

GM is right next to the Vauxhall! (the Russian word for a railway station).
ChrisG

Yeah, i have been to gaugemaster several times over the years, back when they ran the Marklin seminars.

Offline Zme  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2021 19:13:10(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello. Hope all is well.

The BR 150/151 are great locomotives with good performance. I have the “Cargo” version and it is a good puller but not a good as a German crock. I still like the Cargo, it is a beauty. It is a large locomotive and I think that is what impresses me.

I have only had the package damaged as you described once. After a time, the thin plastic shell of the cradle just gives out. I have had some success in repairing the shell, but when the pieces are real small, it is nearly impossible. Though still fragile, the superglue I applied still seems to hold. I figure it is better than just leaving it. At least your loco came through it ok, but may have needed a few adjustments. That was my big worry too. I wonder what the damaged package does to the value.

Take good care.

Dwight
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Zme