Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Artfart  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2021 16:15:05(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Hi all , Thanks for the welcome messages, They did give me a giggle and i hope the same for you.
Now I have a question that i am sure someone may be able to help.
I don't have the code in my controller to suit a 212 261-2 FEUERWEHR and are wonder if someone does .
At the moment I can get it to operate on code 3672. It runs normal forward and reverse, It has light control, but there is no f button set for the beacon on / off on the roof of the loco.

Also I have a MS2 controller that is connected to a 60116 track box, It will not come out of stop mode.
There are NO shorts in the track ,power supply is fine and double check with another power supply. Is this a common thing with Marklin?
Cheers All
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Artfart
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 06 October 2021 14:29:11(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Artfart (Your first name really?)
Welcome to this great forum.
The 212 261-2 FEUERWEHR loco comes from the set 29755.

The loco is factory programmed at address 112 and I believe number 29750 or 29755 are in the local data base.
Since the loco is fitted with a programmable FX decoder, it will not self register.
So I suggest you try one of 2 things:
- EITHER insert a new loco from database under number 29755
- OR insert a new loco manually with the 112 address and F1 to control the warning light

You can get the user's manual here https://static.maerklin....2715f8e1451434541857.pdf

I hope this helps
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Artfart  
#3 Posted : 06 October 2021 15:09:40(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Artfart (Your first name really?)
Welcome to this great forum.
The 212 261-2 FEUERWEHR loco comes from the set 29755.

The loco is factory programmed at address 112 and I believe number 29750 or 29755 are in the local data base.
Since the loco is fitted with a programmable FX decoder, it will not self register.
So I suggest you try one of 2 things:
- EITHER insert a new loco from database under number 29755
- OR insert a new loco manually with the 112 address and F1 to control the warning light

You can get the user's manual here https://static.maerklin....2715f8e1451434541857.pdf

I hope this helps
Jean

Thanks Jean, I will give it a go. unfortunately the data base on my MS 1 doesn't have 29755 and 29750 comes up as BR151 which won't work.
So I will read up on the manual that you provided .
Thanks
Arthur. BigGrin
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 06 October 2021 21:36:40(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Arthur
According to the user's manual the factory address is 21 so the address of my 212 261-2 (coming from set 29750) which is 112 will not work in your case.
You may create manually a loco with address 21, decoder type FX and F1 for the warning light
Cheers
Jean
Offline Artfart  
#5 Posted : 09 October 2021 10:31:54(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Thanks once again Jean, I will give it a try.
Offline Artfart  
#6 Posted : 09 October 2021 11:01:53(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Hi Jean, I tried that address 21, but the loco only wanted to go in one direction.
With the code of 3672 The loco has forward and reverse plus lights, but no beacon.
I guess I will stick with that for the moment, at least it runs.
The code 3672 is an address of 21, so there must be multiple locos that use that address.
Thanks once again. Arthur
Offline JohnjeanB  
#7 Posted : 09 October 2021 14:27:00(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Arthur
Once you have the address correct (the loco is running in both directions), you simply have to try the four functions F1, F2, F3 or F4 and normally one of them will give you the beacon on.
Good luck
Jean
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 13 October 2021 06:31:24(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
As far as the MS. If it won't come out of "Stop" mode, it probably either detects a short or it is bricked.
If it is internal, you may be able to restore it during an update.

I would test it by connecting it to one or two track sections and test it with one locomotive. If it still stays locked in "Stop" mode, it is probably bricked (at least temporarily).

What controller are you using at the moment?

Regards

Mike C
Offline Artfart  
#9 Posted : 14 October 2021 03:38:57(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
As far as the MS. If it won't come out of "Stop" mode, it probably either detects a short or it is bricked.
If it is internal, you may be able to restore it during an update.

I would test it by connecting it to one or two track sections and test it with one locomotive. If it still stays locked in "Stop" mode, it is probably bricked (at least temporarily).

What controller are you using at the moment?

Regards

Mike C

Thanks Mike, There is definitely no short. I don't know what you mean by bricked. The layout I bought and the controller MS 2 was plugged into an MS 1 Track connection. I dont know if it was being used or if someone just plugged it into that connector, but it did not light up the MS2. The MS 2 lights up when plugged into the correct track connector, but and goes through the data base and selection of any loco, but that is as far as it goes because of the STOP will not extinguish.
So at the moment I are using a MS1 that isn't having any issues.
I am beginning to think that the Track connector 60116 is Faulty, unfortunately there seems to be a very little amount of dealers here in Australia which makes it hard.
Thanks Arthur
Offline mike c  
#10 Posted : 14 October 2021 05:52:05(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Bricked means that it's only future use would be as a brick and that it will no longer function as intended.

I don't know if the MS1 and MS2 used interchangeable connectors, but if the same connection was used but the units were wired differently, it could mean that one pin was used as an input on one and as an output on the other, which could lead to power going to a part that should not be powered.

There is a remote possibility that updating the MS2 might get it to work again, but I suspect that the output electronics may be "bricked"

See my PM

Regards

Mike C

Offline clapcott  
#11 Posted : 14 October 2021 07:52:42(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Artfart Go to Quoted Post
Also I have a MS2 controller that is connected to a 60116 track box, It will not come out of stop mode.
There are NO shorts in the track ,power supply is fine and double check with another power supply.

Check for a broken pin in the plug

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#12 Posted : 14 October 2021 12:33:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I tried that address 21, but the loco only wanted to go in one direction.

If this is still the case, open the loco and check that the blue and green wires are still connected to the motor. If one of them has come off this will explain why the loco only runs in one direction.

Possible other explanations could be that some internal damage has occurred to the loco's decoder which only then allows travel in one direction.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#13 Posted : 14 October 2021 12:40:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Is this a common thing with Marklin?l

I have a MS1 that has the same issue - it was working fine when I put it away, 6 months later it wouldn't come out of stop mode. However it does work fine as a slave to another MS1 or to a CS1 / CS2 / CS3.

Peter's idea of checking for a broken pin might be worth following up both on your MS2 and my MS1.
Offline Artfart  
#14 Posted : 14 October 2021 16:35:44(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
There are NO shorts in the track ,power supply is fine and double check with another power supply.

Thanks, a good thought. I will check that. I will let you Know .Cheers
Offline Artfart  
#15 Posted : 15 October 2021 08:40:48(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   

Hi Peter, Thanks for your suggestion and You were spot on. 1 Broken and 1 bent pins from the previous owner .
All I have to do is find either a new cable with din pin or a new 10 pin din to replace the existing one.
Thanks once again.
Arthur
Offline kiwiAlan  
#16 Posted : 15 October 2021 12:16:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Hi Peter, Thanks for your suggestion and You were spot on. 1 Broken and 1 bent pins from the previous owner .
All I have to do is find either a new cable with din pin or a new 10 pin din to replace the existing one.
Thanks once again.
Arthur

You can get replacement cables from Marklin. The 10 pin connectors are like hens teeth.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Artfart  
#17 Posted : 15 October 2021 16:40:42(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Thanks once again.
Arthur

You can get replacement cables from Marklin. The 10 pin connectors are like hens teeth.

Thanks I have already found one, but if i could not find one I was going to hard wire it to the track connection box.
the 10 pin after checking it out has only 4 wires, so I really dont know why Marklin chose to us e a 10 pin plug, especially a plug that has very frail pins in it.
I will wait for the new cable and see if that is going to fix the problem, i'm sure it will.
it's just my luck that out of 10 pins 2 that are used was broken, not the ones that are blanks. Ha! Ha!
I will let you know in a few weeks when I receive the cable if that did the fix.
Cheers Arthur
Offline kiwiAlan  
#18 Posted : 15 October 2021 21:05:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Thanks I have already found one, but if i could not find one I was going to hard wire it to the track connection box.
the 10 pin after checking it out has only 4 wires, so I really dont know why Marklin chose to us e a 10 pin plug, especially a plug that has very frail pins in it.

The 10 pin connector is a throw back to the ms1 which used most of the pins. The ms2 needs to plug into the same connector on the cs2 as an ms1, hence the use of the 10 pin connector.

Offline Artfart  
#19 Posted : 22 October 2021 15:50:21(UTC)
Artfart

Australia   
Hi all , Thanks for the welcome messages, They did give me a giggle and i hope the same for you.
I don't have the code in my controller to suit a 212 261-2 FEUERWEHR and are wonder if someone does .
At the moment I can get it to operate on code 3672. It runs normal forward and reverse, It has light control, but there is no f button set for the beacon on / off on the roof of the loco.

There are NO shorts in the track ,power supply is fine and double check with another power supply. Is this a common thing with Marklin?
Cheers All

TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME, a BIG THANKS.
I have purchased and installed a new cable into my MS2 and it has come back from the dead and working well.
That is not all it instantly picked up on the 212 loco and everything including the flashing beacon is working.
Thanks once again, Cheers
Arthur (Artfart)
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Artfart
Offline kiwiAlan  
#20 Posted : 22 October 2021 16:50:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Cheers All

TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME, a BIG THANKS.
I have purchased and installed a new cable into my MS2 and it has come back from the dead and working well.
That is not all it instantly picked up on the 212 loco and everything including the flashing beacon is working.
Thanks once again, Cheers
Arthur (Artfart)

Hurrah ... ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Jay