Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline wurttemberg  
#1 Posted : 12 October 2021 21:32:18(UTC)
wurttemberg

Hello,
I have recently acquired a few Märklin signals, 76395 and 76397 all upgraded to V2.0. I use 6021 and keyboard 6040 to program/configure their aspects to key and follow the manuals that comes with the signals.
These signals are all home signal and distant signal in one. My problem is that I can not program them correctly. The home signal is OK, but the distant signal seems only to present aspect yellow/yellow and green/green and also only with home signal green. No aspects at all with home signal red, And no aspect yellow/green.

The programming is actually very easy and straight forward, with signal showing aspect flashing and you press a green key, new aspect flashing - another key (to be associated) is pressed. This works fine with home signal, but when it comes to distant only the first aspect is flashing (yellow/yellow - green/green) and the it seems like the programming sequence is ending - going into a "demo" mode and showing all possible patterns of both home and distant. I have not waited too long between the key pressing (30 seconds wait will force ending of programming and going into demo mode).
All five signals behave the same, so I do not think there is anything wrong with them per se.
Does anyone have this experience, or know what could be the problem?
I understand V2.0 means exchange of HW in the signal, and could there have been changes in how to program that is not included in the original manual? (The manual are original and does not mention V2.0)

Any help or hint what to do would be most appreciated!

/Wurttemberg
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 13 October 2021 00:32:41(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I don't know about with a 6021, but with an MS2 you have to first install them and fool the decoder with a "ghost" address- for lack of a better word in MM mode, then switch them over to DCC. Of course, a 6021 is only MM digital protocol.
There may be another way with a 6021. I have no idea what the 4 dip switchs on the back of the 6021 should be set at for these either. When I set them according to an FX locomotive manual, they made no difference in functions.
There is a Deutsch man on youtube by the screen name Trainlife. He has several good videos.
if you don't resolve it on your own, I'd contact marklin digital service at service@marklin.de
Offline wurttemberg  
#3 Posted : 13 October 2021 10:29:35(UTC)
wurttemberg

Hello,
Thank you for your answer!
However, I managed to resolve the problem yesterday! The steps described in the manual are very misleading, not to say faulty! (for 76395/76397). By just doing what seemed to be logical for all steps, there was no problem!
BR/Wurttemberg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by wurttemberg