Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rocca  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2021 11:37:02(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Friends, as you remember, maybe, I'm just working on a vintage layout, all with 3600 tracks and with Locos serie 800. Well, now I'm into solving a problem with a 446. I've connected everything, but first of all in signal section the loco always stops no matter if the light is red or green, second, sometimes a short is coming out in this part of the layout, where the signal is and the light od the trafo becomes off. You have here some pictures of the section. Have you any suggestion to solve the problem, please?
Best regards
Stefano

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 03 October 2021 11:58:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Dear Friends, as you remember, maybe, I'm just working on a vintage layout, all with 3600 tracks and with Locos serie 800. Well, now I'm into solving a problem with a 446. I've connected everything, but first of all in signal section the loco always stops no matter if the light is red or green, second, sometimes a short is coming out in this part of the layout, where the signal is and the light od the trafo becomes off. You have here some pictures of the section. Have you any suggestion to solve the problem, please?
Best regards
Stefano

UserPostedImage

That signal base plate is getting awful close to the center rail connections. Are you sure that isn't the source of the short?

Offline Rocca  
#3 Posted : 03 October 2021 14:45:05(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Best regards
Stefano

That signal base plate is getting awful close to the center rail connections. Are you sure that isn't the source of the short?

Dear Alan, thank you so so much for the suggestion. I've put now the signal base plate not so close to the central rail and now the short troubles seem corrected. The troubles with the loco non getting current with any position, red or green, of the signal, still remain. Have you any suggestion for sorting that too, please? I've had an inspection of all the cables inside and all is well soldered. Best regards
Stefano

Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#4 Posted : 03 October 2021 19:29:02(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
This is a possibly relevant picture from "Signalbuch für die Signale 446":

UserPostedImage

Sometimes the metal connectors shown in red in the picture fail to provide a good connection: they may be twisted out of shape, or the contact surfaces may be dirty.

The proper operation of the signal can be tested by connecting a lamp to the Oberleitung sockets on the right side of the signal (as shown in the picture).
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1
Offline Rocca  
#5 Posted : 03 October 2021 21:13:31(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Originally Posted by: Martti Mäntylä Go to Quoted Post
This is a possibly relevant picture from "Signalbuch für die Signale 446":

Sometimes the metal connectors shown in red in the picture fail to provide a good connection: they may be twisted out of shape, or the contact surfaces may be dirty.

The proper operation of the signal can be tested by connecting a lamp to the Oberleitung sockets on the right side of the signal (as shown in the picture).

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I'll have a look on the signal tomorrow afternoon. Good evening!! ii is for me 21.12pm form now1 Beste regards! Stefano