Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline White Buffalo  
#1 Posted : 21 August 2021 14:43:03(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
When trying to update the software or firmware for a ESU command station. does anyone know which screen or tab and the set up to accomplish this? This ESU model is on of the monochrome screen versions.

Danke sehr!
Offline pederbc  
#2 Posted : 21 August 2021 15:02:10(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
The ECoS act as a webserver via the network connector. If you connect via cable directly to your computer you will need a crossed cable. Normally red in color. Otherwise connect it to a network switch/router. Set an IP address and connect to the ECoS using a web browser. You will se a screen with a menu to the left where you find the firmware upgrade.

Best regards, Peder
Offline White Buffalo  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2021 19:41:23(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
Kinda confused Pder, a crossed cable ?

Like an Ethernet cable? I’ve connected my ECoS to my laptop a few times in order to download new icon photos. I connected to the ECoS by using a web browser and typing in the ECoS IP address.
Offline pederbc  
#4 Posted : 21 August 2021 22:44:08(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Hi,

There are 2 types of ethernet cables, normal and crossed. Nowadays most ethernet ports are autoconfiguring so a normal cable will work in any connection. Think of it like each computer is a male and the cable has a male connector on one end and a female on the other. Connecting 2 computers would not work using such a cable. The crossed cable would be like male-male. A network switch/router would have female connectors.

Anyway, as you already has connected to the ECoS webserver you should have an entry in the menu where you can upload the firmware.

Peder
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pederbc
Offline White Buffalo  
#5 Posted : 21 August 2021 23:46:36(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
Awesomesauce ! Danke sehr
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 21 August 2021 23:59:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
He's talking about a crossover cable, to give it its proper name. The connections at one end are reversed from normal, hence the term 'crossover'.

And they can come in different colours - I've never seen a red one, but purple or yellow are common.

To update the Ecos you download the update files for the Ecos Monochrome (I have one of these also), which requires a login to the ESU download site. Once downloaded, connect to the Ecos with your PC's web browser (which you've done before), run the update function and point that to where your update files are.

What version are you at and what version do you want to update to?

Page 42 in the Ecos manual tells you how to update - paragraph 24.2.1, but I'll include the relevant bits here.

Capture.JPG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline White Buffalo  
#7 Posted : 22 August 2021 02:18:40(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
My ECoS command station is only 18 months old and recently updated. I was fortunate that my wife was drinking viel Wein für Weihnachten and she got me a new color Display ESU Command station BigGrin for Christmas.

I’m trying to help a friend update his monochrome system which shows a little different setup screen. I have not been successful in any updates but I believe with your help I can be successful!

Dankeschön
Offline White Buffalo  
#8 Posted : 22 August 2021 02:22:28(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
I will try to start the updates from the current version again (I’ll post up the version # when I verify it. I believe I need to do all the updates starting with the most current version and this looks to be about six or seven of them.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by White Buffalo