Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Harvey  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2021 01:50:54(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Hi

I have the above locomotive and have run it at various times. Just recently it seems to run very slow. My research and experimentation indicates that My World features are turned on. On the CS2, the loc shows both the wrench and loc icon just below the speed dial. This is the only loc I have that shows this. I don't want to use the My World feature (restoring resource) but am not sure how to turn this feature off.

When I click on the wrench, I see 'consumption mode' as a feature. I have this set at 'without consumption'. Does this turn My World off? The other choices are 'with consumption' and 'maintenance ... refueling'. Does this last choice turn of My World? I sort of just picked everything and saw the sand be restored and the loc runs fine. The Zugkraft dial (traction) stays at 0.

So, how do I avoid having to restore resource? What mode should I select?

Thanks
Harvey

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Harvey
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2021 02:59:39(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Harvey, aeren't there any instructions how to use these features on the Märklin web site or even Google ?

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 14 March 2021 04:26:17(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Harvey Go to Quoted Post
... how do I avoid having to restore resource? What mode should I select?

In Summary
- Set resource usage/consumption rate to 0
- set resource resevours to 100%
- then disable WoO by setting the Operation Mode to "without consumption"
- MAKE SURE THE CHANGES GET TO THE DECODER

I would recommend the following before disabling WoO.
These steps may not be essential for all decoders, however they do clear the air should the feature be enabled at a later date.
The reason I say before, is that using the normal screens for "without consumption", the option screens to change settings become unavailable - noting however the values may still be accessed via "CVs"

ESSENTIAL throughout all the following , ensure that the loco/decoder is on the track and power to receive configuration changes.
It needs to be understood that the settings need to "get to the decode" so if you curtail a setting change or the decoder is not accessible then no changes will "stick"

OF EQUAL IMPORTANCE = WAIT
The WoO operation of the CS2 will poll/query each WoO decoder every 10 seconds and it is at this time that the decoder informs the CS what ITS resource values are. This applies to both any replenishment as well as resource usage

It is possible to do this with the UI(Screens), but the CV(programming) option is more precise if you are happy to work in that area.

Assumptions
- the CS has mFX enabled
- the decoder is set for "With consumption" rather than "Maintenance"
when the mode is "with Consumption" you are able to display and replenish resources in a concise manner , where as in "Maintenance" mode the only way to replenish resources is via the fullscreen CabMode - and here you may not alter the usage rates.

CS2
To access the resource management, click the Bowser icon
UserPostedImage

CS3
To access the resource management panel is less intuitive than the CS2 - you must click "in the vicinity of the resource bars"
Also, for the Usage(Consumption) rate settings, you need a further click on the "Consumption" title at the bottom of the pane
UserPostedImage

A) Using the CS screens (not CV mode)
- Access the "With Consumption" consumption management screens
- Set
- - Consumption Rate for each resource to 0 - personal preference as some do occasionally like to drive via the fullscreen cab, but do not want to be encumbered by the need to top up resources
- - Reservoir values for each to 100%

Again WAIT .By clicking the bowser icon the CS gives offers a simulation of filling up slowly, this is PURELY cosmetic.
It is not until either the 100% mark is reached and the nozzle is holstered, or the filling is interrupted and the save Checkmark is selected that the values actually are written to the decoder - if the decoder is accessible.

B) Using CV (CS2) or Configuration (CS3)
The blue screens provide the exact values for WoO resource handling under the "Supply" section
- FLAG = 0 = no consumption
- 3 x "Current ...." = reservoir .... set to 255
- 3 x "Consumption ..." = rate of usage ... set to 0

UserPostedImage

I Find the best check to see if configuration variables have stuck, is to delete the loco from the CS and then let it rediscover the decoder/loco.
In doing so The CS reads the actual the values from the decoder. (rather than working on what it thinks it last sent to the decoder)
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Harvey  
#4 Posted : 14 March 2021 04:55:04(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Peter

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I should have said I use a CS2. I followed your instructions and it seems to be working. I will run the loc a bit more but resource seem to be fixed.

Regards
Harvey
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Harvey
Offline Harvey  
#5 Posted : 08 August 2021 20:49:49(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Maybe this is a coincident or I have done something incorrectly twice.

My 37325 and my 37301 are both World of Operation. I have followed the instruction from Peter and I sand is full without consumption. And both run nicely. However, when the loc comes to a stop, it will not restart. Sound works, lights are on. If I give the loc a gentle push, it begins to run fine. I have left the loc idle (at speed 5o, for example) for a minute or 2 but it still does not move unless I give a gentle push.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Harvey
Offline rhfil  
#6 Posted : 09 August 2021 11:48:22(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Sounds to me like whichever loco it is is not making good electrical contact. Does it occur at the same spot each time? If so the track might need to be cleaned. If it happens at a variety of locations then either the motor is not getting power because something is dirty, the slider, the wheels, or the motor contact.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 09 August 2021 14:35:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
Sounds to me like whichever loco it is is not making good electrical contact. Does it occur at the same spot each time? If so the track might need to be cleaned. If it happens at a variety of locations then either the motor is not getting power because something is dirty, the slider, the wheels, or the motor contact.

or there is a iffy connection to an area of track that causes voltage drop when the loco draws current.

Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 09 August 2021 19:10:01(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Harvey Go to Quoted Post
However, when the loc comes to a stop, it will not restart. Sound works, lights are on. If I give the loc a gentle push, it begins to run fine.

My uneducated guess: there may be a problem with the brushes of the motor. Sometimes cables block the springs and there may be not enough tension.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Harvey  
#9 Posted : 11 August 2021 02:21:31(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Maybe the brushes (connection or dirt) are the issue as this refusal to restart occurs everywhere on the layout and while it is 'stopped', the sound and all other functions work. From another posting there is a video how to open the loc and get to he brushes

I will try doing this on one of the locs (at least to visually inspect).

Thanks
Harvey
Offline Harvey  
#10 Posted : 19 August 2021 16:51:41(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Tom

Thanks for the suggestion regarding brushes. I opened up both locs and tried to run - no movement. I used my plastic pointer and touched the brushes and they moved. Eventually same issue occurred. So, I removed the loc and 'pressed' where the brushes are (did not want to open further unless needed). Placed on the track and both work now, with no issue. Oddly, in looking at the motor from the side, it was the right brush on each loc that needed to be 'pressed'.

Now I know what to look for if this occurs again.

Regards
Harvey