Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinist5999  
#1 Posted : 03 August 2021 15:11:05(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Confused I thought it worked once. One event. 6 turnouts, one signal. K1 is in far left event sequence box with loco+ icon as should be. No delays set. Trains doesn't trigger contact from grey to yellow. 60881 S88 set to GPF3, as is contact track.
Is this corect? I rechecked wire connections.
Do I need to record a trains while running, or a loco entered in the event? I've read the big CS3 book, and re watched the webinars.I get a bit confused between Curtis jumping to and back on programming (as he calls it) and members questions. I don't join, as I don't use Zoom.
Please help?
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 03 August 2021 16:49:31(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Confused I thought it worked once. One event. 6 turnouts, one signal. K1 is in far left event sequence box with loco+ icon as should be. No delays set. Trains doesn't trigger contact from grey to yellow. 60881 S88 set to GPF3, as is contact track.
Is this corect? I rechecked wire connections.

Not sure what your problem is but two things could cause the contacts not to be read:
- failure of connecting the "0" of the Track to the upside-down "T"
- not connecting the RJ45 cable from the CS3+ to the outward-going arrow (on the top left of 60881) but to the other one

Confused
Do I need to record a trains while running, or a loco entered in the event? I've read the big CS3 book, and re watched the webinars.I get a bit confused between Curtis jumping to and back on programming (as he calls it) and members questions. I don't join, as I don't use Zoom.
Please help?

No you don't need to record trains while running.

This is a very powerful command in the CS3 regarding contacts (sensors) and the processing going with it so:
- verify the contact in question is grey when not occupied and yellow when it is. When there is a scan problem the contact is in red.
- start with very simple string of commands attached to a contact and test it
- when better acquainted start using complex conditions, delays, random, and the other logic functions
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 03 August 2021 17:43:27(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Merci Jean, I have a wire from the track O on the outside of the contact area to the upside down T, and one from O inside the contact area to the first screw terminal next to that one.
Offline Tie  
#4 Posted : 03 August 2021 20:19:07(UTC)
Tie

Norway   
Do not have an answer, however it might be useful to connect a cable from the opposite T and relevant contact on the S88 module. If contact icon then shows yellow sometning is wrong with the external wiring on the layout or the contact track. If it does not show yellow the fault should be wihin the s88, the cabling to the cs3, the setup of the s88 in the cs3 and finally: does the s88 have power? Am on holiday but think the S88 has its own power supply…. At least above should limit where to look for faults.

TIE
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tie
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 03 August 2021 20:36:55(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Merci Jean, I have a wire from the track O on the outside of the contact area to the upside down T, and one from O inside the contact area to the first screw terminal next to that one.

If the problem persists, is the RJ 45 cable connected to the good plug on the S88 and is the other extremity plugged underneath the CS3+?

Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 03 August 2021 22:31:53(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Thank's Tie, and Jean, once yet again! The jumper wire did not work, so I removed the track section in between the two contact tracks with the blue arrows. It worked! I had one of the ground wires on the wrong track terminal after all.