Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mrmarklin  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2021 20:04:53(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
There is a two day swap meet scheduled July 24-25, 2021 for European trainsDrool

Place is 280 Harbor Way, South San Francisco, USA. There will be 48 vendor tables and 21 vendors. BigGrin

It’s been a long time since we’ve been able to do anything like this for a while. Since it’s a two day event, it’s worth driving a while to get there. COVID guidelines will be followed, but at this time they are minimal.

Follow this link: https://www.eurotrainswap.com/

Dave Pryor.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline swisstrains  
#2 Posted : 24 July 2021 15:21:01(UTC)
swisstrains

I’ll be there! See you!

Tak Murakami
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by swisstrains
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#3 Posted : 24 July 2021 20:40:31(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hallo Gents,
Would love to attend in person but unfortunately to far for me. Is it formerly ETE Swap meet in Bay Area ?
Sincerely,
Märklineisenbahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline grnwtrs  
#4 Posted : 25 July 2021 02:01:29(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Marklineisenbahn Go to Quoted Post
Hallo Gents,
Would love to attend in person but unfortunately to far for me. Is it formerly ETE Swap meet in Bay Area ?
Sincerely,
Märklineisenbahn

This is the ORIGINAL, I Repeat the ORIGINAL E T E TRAIN SHOW ON THE WEST COAST. Nothing compares, the Originator and members are at it again. Its back at its original start of 25 years ago. Remember what Dave said in his announcement . That was 25 years ago where it started.

Down load his bookmark and what you read is only 1/2 is what you really get. That is right it will be at least 2 (twice ) of
what will be. What we have endured this past year (1-1/2) in a half this should be a welcome treat. This is a quality presentation in every regards. Nothing is scrimped on, I repeat, nothing.

You will see a vast amount of product from 4 major collections, plus the add ons of individuals who need to shed some of their collections to concentrate on their NEW WANTS.

FOOD WISE, let me just say, its SAN FRANCISCO FARE, can't get any better in taste or price. Anywhere!

Comradeship, let me just say, you won't find any better, any day.

There is still one day left, so lets have someone from the SHOW TODAY let the stragglers what they have missed so far.
Then tell them what they go to look forward to on SUNDAY, AND ANY MORE TIME THEY CAN SQUEEZE OUT.

C'MOM FOLKS LETS HEAR IT FOR EUROWEST AND SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!

Did anyone say anything about BEER? OH C'MON, GUESS WHERE IT IS?

Regards, geneMellow

p.s. HEY, Marshall, We are waiting to hear from you. Tell the users.net what they are missing.
I would be going, but physically unable to because of surgery and I have never missed on of these events.
I am heart broken, but will be there next year, where ever it is held. Even New York.!!!

From New York, its only 4 hours or so. Motels are empty and waiting for you, along with everything else. All logistics are in place and simply waiting for your ASK!! JUST DO IT. DO IT NOW.Laugh LOL

Regards, gene
on the left coast

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#5 Posted : 25 July 2021 04:52:05(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hi Gene ,
Please stop torturing me. I am torn apart cause my sickness I can’t travel that far ….
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#6 Posted : 25 July 2021 19:40:37(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
I was there yesterday bright and early: lots of trains, food and — of course — beer! The logistical challenges involved with putting on an event of this size are immense, but everything came together. It was especially nice to reconnect with fellow European train fans in person after the lock down. Hat’s off to Andreas, Marshall and all the other folks (too numerous to mention here) for creating a truly outstanding event!!!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
Offline grnwtrs  
#7 Posted : 26 July 2021 01:11:35(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Marklineisenbahn Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene ,
Please stop torturing me. I am torn apart cause my sickness I can’t travel that far ….

Jerry,can I call you Jerry? IT'S hurting me more than you could possibly imagine. I live about 30 mi from the event, been there 3 times before and then it moved to a place south called the HILLER AIR MUSEUM closer to the San Francisco airport, right adjacent to a very nice motel surrounded 4-5 super restaurants at all price levels. That's San Francisco style.

This is the first miss in 25 years, I'm heartbroken!!!

Now we have to wait for the after action reports, trust me, they will be better than expected. Probably take another 3- 4 days. Please be patient . Lots more to come out.,

Regards, geneLaugh

Offline Bill L  
#8 Posted : 07 July 2023 19:39:22(UTC)
Bill L

United States   
Hello Everyone.
I am so excited this meeting this year is happening next weekend July 15 weekend. Same place.
See you all there.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bill L
Offline marklinist5999  
#9 Posted : 08 July 2023 12:31:35(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Have fun guys! Jerry Mierawa, I hope you get better and in the meantime are enjoying your trains!